1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add "Ticket" functionality on my site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by poseidon, Jun 12, 2006.

Hi,

I want to add "Ticket" functionality on my site. That is, people can open a ticket to ask there queries and than I will reply to them and than they will reply...This will really help me to track the user response and to communicate with them.

I don't want heavy stuff. Just the basic thing will work for me. Also I don't want the user to get registered for asking queries. :)

Thanks

poseidon, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
  3. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    I've got a number of customers who use RT very successfully.

Might be a bit overkill if it's just going to be using it though..

forkqueue, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If u want to use any free software for this then below given is best for u.

Free Help-Desk Software

Hesk - free help desk software

Hesk is a PHP help desk software that runs with a MySQL database. It allows you to setup a ticket based support system (helpdesk) for your website.

Your customers are able to submit support tickets and the staff has a nice web based interface to reply to and manage tickets. Features include multiple staff logins, categories, powerful ticket search functions, easy-to-use web interface and more.

You can completely customize the look of the Hesk by editing header, footer and style files! Hesk can also be easily translated to any language!

Many users say they like this script because it is an easy to use, simple, secure and FREE alternative to commercial (read $200+) helpdesks. It also comes with a simple install script that takes care of database setup to help you get your helpdesk up and running with very little effort.

Hope it helps u.

:)

deluxdon, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  5. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    OK guys, I just checked with my host and it turns out that on cPanel->Fantastico there are these scripts on offer for me -

Crafty Syntax Live Help
    Help Center Live
    osTicket
    PerlDesk
    PHP Support Tickets
    Support Logic Helpdesk
    Support Services Manager

So which one will be the simplest to use ?

poseidon, Jun 12, 2006 IP