1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add watermarks to logos

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by graphics, Apr 15, 2010.

Hello i am new to DP and photoshop

I am planning to design a few logos and sell them here

I want to know how to add watermarks to my logos

Example [​IMG]

And how to remove the watermarks if someone buys them.

I read a lot of tutorials online but nothing helped me....

Please help with this and is there any way to make png's with photoshop

graphics, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  2. 509 Media

509 Media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would think someone designing logos should know who to do this. A logo is a very important element to a company. In Photoshop create the logo. Save it as a transparent PNG. IE no back ground color. Anytime you create a design drag the watermark onto the new design. it will be added as a layer. Save the file with the watermark layer showing to send to a customer. Once they approve and throw down the coin turn off the layer and send the updated file.

Yes, you can save as a PNG in Photoshop.

Dan

509 Media, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  3. 509 Media

509 Media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No worries. If I can ever help fire over a PM. I use photoshop everyday. You can also email me through my website. www.509media.com

509 Media, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  4. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ehh, a bit more help could have been given lol.

Firstly, if you're going to be selling stuff, you need to save multiple copies of the file. ALWAYS save the default .PSD of the file, so you can preserve your layers. (You'll need these to remove the watermark.)
    Secondly, to add a watermark, simply put the text, copyright, or personal logo wherever you want it to be on the image, and then lower the opacity of that layer. Save the image as a .PSD, and then re save it as a .PNG so you have one for Photoshop use and for Internet use.
    Lastly, to remove the watermark once a design has been purchased, simply open up the .PSD file you saved of it, and delete the layer with the watermark. Usually, when someone purchases a design on here, they request the .PSD be sent to them, not just a .PNG or .JPG, so that they can have an editable copy as well. If the .PSD isn't requested, then simply save the new image with the watermark removed as a .PNG and send your buyer their image!

Hope this clarifies it a bit more for ya!

Piggy, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  5. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would think someone designing logos should know who to do this. A logo is a very important element to a company. In Photoshop create the logo

unknownpray, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  6. rockstar12345

rockstar12345 Peon

Best Answers:

Firstly, if you're going to be selling stuff, you need to save multiple copies of the file. ALWAYS save the default .PSD of the file, so you can preserve your layers. (You'll need these to remove the watermark.)
    Secondly, to add a watermark, simply put the text, copyright, or personal logo wherever you want it to be on the image, and then lower the opacity of that layer. Save the image as a .PSD, and then re save it as a .PNG so you have one for Photoshop use and for Internet use.
    Lastly, to remove the watermark once a design has been purchased, simply open up the .PSD file you saved of it, and delete the layer with the watermark. Usually, when someone purchases a design on here, they request the .PSD be sent to them, not just a .PNG or .JPG, so that they can have an editable copy as well. If the .PSD isn't requested, then simply save the new image with the watermark removed as a .PNG and send your buyer their image!

Hope this clarifies it a bit more for ya!

rockstar12345, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  7. graphics

graphics Peon

Best Answers:
    Why have u copied the same thing posted by Piggy ??

graphics, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  8. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, inorite. Maybe he was just restating that it was clear? Anyways, don't hesitate to pm me if you need help with anything else!

Piggy, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  9. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Further clarifications =D

kevydesigns, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  10. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    -_- Why copy and paste that again... Post boosting? If you're going to reply, make it have a legitimate purpose.

Piggy, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. al.

al. Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do it simple with Arclab Watermark Studio v2.0

al., Apr 22, 2010 IP
  12. graphics

graphics Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Everyone... Firstly thank you for these tips..

I have just been using ps since a week and i learn how to add layers,text,images,watermar,gradients etc... thanks to the help given here and the online tutorials

graphics, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  13. bhuppi890109

bhuppi890109 Member

Best Answers:
    add a new layer and make ur watermark and set it opicity at low level and save it

bhuppi890109, Jun 14, 2010 IP