1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to apply social bookmarking to commercial websites?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pedigreechump6, Feb 18, 2008.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to successfully target social bookmarking sites for a commercially oriented website?

How did you do it and what were the returns like compared to your other marketing avenues?

pedigreechump6, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. marcette

marcette Banned

Best Answers:
    (Most sites are commercially orientated.)
    To successfully target social bookmarking sites you obviuosly need account/s at myspace/hi5/facebook etc etc.
    The problem is saturation, too many webmasters chasing traffic.
    I personally have found myspace to be the most productive, but nothing like it was years ago.

marcette, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That doesn't really answer my question. And by commercial I mean actually selling a product or service (thus not as many websites as you think marcette are commercial).

Anyone else got any ideas?

pedigreechump6, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well... some companies (like mine ;)) drive traffic through the means of social bookmarking, and simply get leads. I'm not sure if understand what you are after - basically you can do some nice viral tool (for example some sort of fun flash game) and then get people to social bookmark, and get these people to subscribe to your newsletter or something.

Game Producer, Feb 19, 2008 IP