1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build a music clips site using Creative Commons

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by amanamission, Mar 9, 2008.

Just acquired a cute little domain name that I'd like to make into a music clips resource for DJ's. The name implies a particular style of music, so I'd like to specialize in downtempo beats which are available using Creative Commons license.
    I have in mind something more than search script of content directories and sites. What I'd like to do is select only CC-licensed clips which are legally available to use by tags. I don't really need to host these clips, since by definition they are already online, but links to the MP3 on the site itself.
    Then I'd like to have a member-contributed CC-licensed section so people can contribute their own music.
    Jamendo is a pretty good example of what I want to shoot for, except I don't think I need the flash mixer. I just want a resource site where ambient DJ and mixers can easily find and download the sounds they need.
    Any suggestions on a CMS or scripts that can do this?

amanamission, Mar 9, 2008 IP