1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Convert an existing Web site to a datalife engine or joomla

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by shuman202, Sep 22, 2009.

i have a website just a static html pages and i want to use a content management system to manage this site
    the question is...
    how to change that site to any content management system and in my situation ....
    i have an existing website contains around 70 000 static html pages
    songtext
    so how can i convert it to datalife engine ...
    i think aolt of webmaster think about the same
    to convert an esisting web site to joomla or any other CMS
    please... don't say copy and past....
    how can i copy 70 000 pages
    for sure there's a solution for such problem so i hope we can discuss it here..
    thanks

shuman202, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  2. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    obviously no one know the answer....

shuman202, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  3. WebTechGlobal

WebTechGlobal Peon

Best Answers:
    wow! How did you get so many html pages anyway were you using WYSIWYG software to create them?

What you need is a software I not know exist but this is doable. If it doesnt exist then it comes with a price for sure! You got me really thinking about making such a tool now, I'd probably make it a plugin for immediate import to WordPress.

If it doesnt exist that is. My brains already working on how its going to be done and there is lots of potential issues. Like you will have menus in your code etc and also I assume your html files are in different directories.

Still I'm really interested in doing this if it does not already exist. I'm currently working on a major upgrade for my CSV 2 POST plugin but it shuold be done by end of week then maybe I'll create a prototype for this.

Maybe!

WebTechGlobal, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  4. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i believe its brilliant idea to create a software doing that job... i think many webmasters think about the same thing as i do and as far as i know this problem has no solution so if u'll create a software to convert html pages to any CMS it will be great....
    i'm agree with you about the css and the layout of the pages but just start and then solutions will come ...

shuman202, Sep 24, 2009 IP