1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a new website ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mitthu, Jul 25, 2013.

Hi to all,
    I am new user to this forum. I do not know how to create a new website for free. Although I searched through Google and I found a number of sites , I am confused as which one is reliable and good. Can anyone suggest me site which is reliable and good.

Thanks in advance!

Mitthu, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  2. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can use Google site. Or many others free solutions like wix, webs etc.

proson, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has become quite easy to create a new websites with the help of websites like Wix.com etc. providing free templates and themes to the people. You just need to pick one and customize it according to your needs, then purchase hosting and domain name. This is what you need to do for creating a basic website.

iamalive, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  4. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is to hire someone to do it for you, if you have no clue what to do. That way you can request for my features that you yourself would need alot of time to do.

For me, i just focused on marketing my business, while i hired a couple of guys to help me set up my website the way i envisioned it to be. These guys are the pros, so naturally they would do a better job then me. That way your website would look for professional and the chances of you spending 10 hours to set up something foreign to you and failing would be eliminated. :)

Howard Lim, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. alb3rt1

alb3rt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you need a professional website like an ecommerce ask for a webmaster.
    If you want a simple blog to use it like a journey try some free service like blogspost.com it easy and it is immediate.

If you want to create a website I will suggest you to learn html and css, or try to install a CMS like Wordpress, it's free and very powerfull with lots of themes and plugins !

alb3rt1, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can hire some one on freelancing sites or use a site builder and create one. Hosting service usually have a site builder for free.If you have some HTML knowledge try building yourself.It's always good to learn :)

xtragudboi, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Usually just creating a Wordpress or Blogger blog is easiest. However, if you need a site not a blog you might want to try Weebly.

BoostSoftware, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  8. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found using Wordpress to be easiest. It took a few hours to get the general idea of how it worked, but from that it got a lot easier. Other platforms like Drupal sucked to use and I found other blogging platforms didn't quite have what I needed. Anymore, I tend to program things from scratch using Ruby on Rails since I can make my own websites with exactly what I need.

Mike Carroll, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  9. Ashutoshkumar

Ashutoshkumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to use free website template then search on Google "free website template" and Choose one the best relevant template of your theme. You must knowledge HTML because you can't use same template so need make to change on it.
    Thanks

Ashutoshkumar, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  10. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hire a professional designer / developer to get your website done. In a long run, only professional work will win. Free stuff doesn't suits to good business. Hope this helps.

ebiztrendz.com, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  11. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking to build a professional site or just for fun? For fun, then you can pick a free Blogger.com blog and start writing content within minutes.

For a professional approach, I highly recommend setting up a Wordpress.org blog instead of a html website.

For this you will need your own domain name (around $15 per year) and a hosting account to store all your files (around $10 per month.)

Some hosting companies offer to setup your site for no extra charge when you setup an hosting account with them.I myself use Hostgator.com and they offer this service to their clients.

Tom Lindstrom, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  12. HostGarou

HostGarou Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you want to looks more professional, I may suggest to you first to find a web hosting provider, then purchase a hosting account, it is fairly easy to build your website with WordPress, you will find tons of plugins and themes to help you while building your website. hope you find your way!

HostGarou, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  13. Mitthu

Mitthu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all of you !

Mitthu, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  14. Nikhil Raj

Nikhil Raj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can try wordpress or blogger. Thing is that Your site should be search friendly. And In SEO, html wins if you have optimised it properly. So , learn Designing or hire someone for it. Now, market it changing. Best sites made today use UI frameworks like twitter bootstrap. So in professional approach, coding wins.
    Yes, for fun You can try blogger or wordpress.
    Learn How to Create well Designed Website

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Nikhil Raj, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  15. FullHider

FullHider Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to learn - View an tutorial on Youtube. Don't use any free making websites services. Buy cheap hosting and cheap domain (ex. GoDaddy is cheap) and you can start. Before you buy domain and hosting, you can try create your own website with Wordpress on Free Web Hosting, but free hosting is usually bad and slow.

FullHider, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  16. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard great things about wix.com. but that is not really suitable for everyone.
    Wordpress is probly the easiest way to create a site... you can sign up with a free host, install wordpress and play around with it and learn from there.
    Question is, what site are you trying to make, or what is the intended purpose of the site?

matt_62, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  17. GodOfSEO

GodOfSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a ton of pretty massive tutorials on how to create a blog.

It depends on what you're looking for, if you just want to make a really nice blog you can get good Wordpress hosting and a domain for $50 then buy a premium theme for $40, so it's pretty cheap all in all.

If you want to make a fully blown eCommerce site or just a simple business site then look at WooCommerce, though you'll be looking at the 100s of dollars for a good site.

GodOfSEO, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  18. Wartono

Wartono Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to create a site using Blogger. Of course_It's free and automatic SEO friendly.Search template you like,find them by searh engine,you will find million of template there.if you like to customize your own domain,just buy it.
    And Submit your articles as you want to the site.So what else...that's easy.
    Or if you have trouble to find templates,provide me what topic of your site you want to create.I can give you it for free.

Wartono, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  19. Will Tribe

Will Tribe Member

Best Answers:
    Try wordpress, Google rank it really highly.

Will Tribe, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  20. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy on this forum and ask the sellers about how to...

karmaseo, Aug 4, 2013 IP