1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a successful classifieds site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Marcos Preto, Mar 1, 2010.

Hi

I am currently developing a free classified site and I would like some tips to make it successful and profitable

This site will be in several language and it will use sub domains for every country. I will start in South America in not too crowded markets (I am from South America so I know the markets)

But I would like more advanced tips

Thanks!

Marcos Preto, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  2. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    what kind of ads? you need to target a certain area. If you mean a general online market, then it will be VERY hard to compete with sites such as craigslist.com

- Target a general audience (lets say people wanting to sell clothes)
    - Set up the website to meet the needs of the seller. In this case, if you want to sell clothes, you need categories such as shirts, pants, shoes, and jewelry.
    - Now, for clothes, it will vary with different cultures. You would need to be specific to those cultures.
    - Make it more cheap to use, better yet, make it free.

mezner, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  3. mandaar

mandaar Peon

Best Answers:
    hi..
    you know, it's really very profitable to start a classified site.. I did the same.. :) .. you are going on right way, that you are using sub domains for every country. May I know, whether you are using wordpress or what? I suggest you to use wordpress- Classipress theme for it. It's really very SEO friendly.

One more thing, do the white hat SEO for this. Submit all your subdomains to google webmaster tools. Remember don't spam to promote your classified site.
    If you are thinking of promotion on Social Networks, Sign up for the Twitter account for every country. (i.e. /indiaclassifieds , /asiaclassifieds) it will attract to user.
    There are lot's of plugins are available (Wordpress) on net to publish your post directly to Twitter. one is "Social Traffic" . Whenever any user post a classified ad on your website the plugin will ping to your twitter account.

Happy Surfing !
    Best Wishes !

mandaar, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. Marcos Preto

Marcos Preto Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

I am actually doing a test with classipress but it doesnt meet all my requirements so Im teaming up with a developer to make my own script.

Mandaar, that's what I'm doing.. I have a pretty easy to remember and say in almost any language domain name and I also have the @domainname twitter account.

What I am actually trying to do is to create an integration with social networks so every time you post and ad you can publish it in your own twitter account (not mine).

Marcos Preto, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. rabicamail

rabicamail Guest

Best Answers:
    first thing you should do is make it user friendly and easy to use with different category send updates over phone to user .

rabicamail, Mar 2, 2010 IP