1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Create Content for your Business Blog (If you’re Not a Writer)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Murlu, Mar 28, 2011.

Hi all, I don't get much time to participate in DigitalPoint forums all that often because I have so much work on my hands but I figure I would give back to the community by sharing a few things I've learned along the way since stepping into the world of freelance writing.

Hope this can help you all in some way :)

----------------------------

How to Create Content for your Business Blog (If you’re Not a Writer)

Content Marketing has been around for ages but it’s just now taking traction as one of the most powerful ways to brand a business while simultaneously sending it qualified traffic that have the potential to become customers. Content allows your business to rank in search engines for your desired terms, scale your marketing efforts, drive down the costs of advertising and adds value to the end-user (your customers).

But what about business owners that are having trouble writing? With so many things on your plate, as a business owner, how do you find time to create content for your business blog? This article will answer that question by sharing five different methods and approaches you can take for content creation for the web.

Method 1: Ask your Employees to Create Content

Your employees are so well verse with what your business does, on a daily basis, which their interaction and participation can easily be transformed into valuable posts for your business blog. The interactions your employees have with customers can answer common questions through the simple application of their email or verbal responses into structure content for the web. Additionally, employees could detail their experiences with your business which gives your community an inside glimpse which they may love that further engrains their own participation as a customer at your business.

Method 2: Craft FAQ’s into Individual Posts

Look through your technical support log or develop a list of frequently asked questions from your customers; turn these questions and concerns into posts for your business blog! Not only will you be able to refer people to specific posts if these questions arise again but people that are searching for solutions for their problems, on the web, will find your posts that may lead them to becoming customers simply on the level of value you provide, for free.

Method 3: Record a Video

If you’re not particularly great at writing than video can easily become the perfect platform in its place. Video is extremely simple to get started with when you consider that a $100 video camera is all you need to begin creating video for your blog. Talk about anything that relates to your blog, business, market, customers or community as a whole. Share valuable tips and tricks with your community and you’ll begin to solidify yourself as the expert in your niche. Each new video will give people another reason to interact with your business (that could lead to a sale).

Method 4: Record Audio

If writing or video isn’t your thing than audio could be the solution in what you’ve been looking for when it comes to content creation. Audio can quickly be recorded and published to the web without any major hiccups or lengthy amount of time trying to create structure in your writing (or just getting words down to paper). Record the same type of information you would in your emails, written posts or audio; publish your recordings to your blog and even consider creating a podcast for your business using these same recordings!

Method 5: Share Feedback from your Customers

Ask permission from your customers to republish their feedback, testimonials and coverage of your products or services. You’ll find that you may already have a wealth of information your customers have provided such as tips & tricks they have found when using what your business offers. Participation from the community has the ability to continually grow because people naturally want to share their experiences with others; use this as the basis for the content on your business blog – simple, right?!

Get Start Now … Or Get Left in the Dust

Your competitors are investing in content marketing as you read this post. Do you want to be left out? If your answer is a big ‘NO!’ than you owe it to yourself to begin exploring the world of content marketing to get your business on the social media (and search engine) map. Use the methods described in this post to help you break through the barrier of writing so you can start pulling in the leads your business needs to become an astounding success … don’t get left in the dust.

-------

I know it can be difficult, at times, to create content for your business blog especially if your main duties are to keep the business up and running. Hopefully this will help show you that there are certainly ways to get content up and out there.

Please let me know if this makes sense for your own blog; content, as I see it, truly is the future of online business. Enjoy!

Murlu, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  2. WorkingMyWayUp

WorkingMyWayUp Peon

Best Answers:
    Too generic an article, you should add more substance to it by sharing other options of creating or mashing content.

WorkingMyWayUp, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  3. torbatt

torbatt Peon

Best Answers:
    that's good;)

torbatt, Mar 5, 2012 IP