1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To create dashed line on photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by kolorijo, Jun 25, 2011.

Hi all,

i want to create a box with dashed line on photoshop, but i find out in photoshop toolbox, i cant find that.

please help guys

thanks.

kolorijo, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  2. uday nikam

uday nikam Peon

Best Answers:
    Dashed line in Photoshop first select Brushes click on Brush Tips shape then maintained your Roundness and Spacing, Next set the Brush angle and roundness select left side option Define Brush - Brush Name for example How many pixel are there 20 X 10 pixel in Dash circle area. Click on OK Button for save the changes.

uday nikam, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  3. kopimanis

kopimanis Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you can create it with custom shape tool

kopimanis, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  4. webgfx

webgfx Member

Best Answers:
    custom bursh tips like to be easy for dashed line

webgfx, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  5. vennh

vennh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is just a quick post on how to make dashed lines in Photoshop. I am sure many of the designers who are reading this would find it useful. Photoshop by default does not give you any direct way to draw dashed lines. However it has the very powerful brush engine that can do the trick.

Steps

1. Lets start out by picking a Square brush shape. We need to reduce the Roundness to get the horizontal dash and also increase the Spacing to see the spacing between dashes.

[​IMG]

2. Now if you notice in the preview area, you will see that the dashes are not oriented along the direction of the curve. This can be easily fixed by going into the Shape Dynamics section. Here we change the Angle Jitter’s Control to Direction. Notice how the preview has changed to align the dashes along the curve.

[​IMG]

3. Now if I draw something on my layer with my newly created brush, I get some nice dashed outlines!

[​IMG]

I think the best use of such a brush is for shapes like Rectangle, Circle, etc

[​IMG]

Hope you Photoshop-ers find this useful !

SOurce: http://blog.pixelingene.com/2009/01/making-dashed-lines-in-photoshop/

vennh, Jul 1, 2011 IP