1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To..Curls Swirls Floral ..

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by wd_2k6, Aug 1, 2008.

OK I see these curly patterns on lots of images and sites, sometimes used as a border around a fixed shape they are random swurls or curls whatever you may call them?

What software could I use to produce these patterns? Any free, or am i looking at Adobe Illustrator?

wd_2k6, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  2. resto

resto Peon

Best Answers:
    I just started to do those some people are calling them swooshes.

My illustrator skills aren’t the sharpest so I have been using photoshop to do them, the shear tool works good for curls and waves.

But if find any good tutorials in illustrator of Photoshop post them I had trouble finding good tutorials on it. I was searching swooshes, maybe that’s not the best word for it.

resto, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. jwilkins

jwilkins Peon

Best Answers:
    You might try Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 instead of Photoshop. It was developed mostly for photo editing and for the novice but and should have everything you would need and is not too expensive. It also has some extra features that help you create photo albums and slide shows and very nice backgrounds and picture frames. There are several sites including the Adobe site that give away free brushes for Photoshop which will also work in the Elements version and they tell you how to load them into your program. The brushes are preset designs you can use and there are lots of swirls and curls out there to choose from.

Here are a couple of the sites that offer free brushes.

http://getbrushes.com/
    http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes

If you decide to go this route and have any questions...feel free to pm me.

jwilkins, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  4. Brothers Gaming

Brothers Gaming Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Gimp 2.0 has a blur effect that's a swirl. If you wanna see an example let me know.

Brothers Gaming, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers i've got 30 days of Adobe Illustrator, found a tutorial on this I got a start hopefully i can get some nice designs going before the 30 days are up to plonk on my website.
    Or I might have to find a crack for it oops i didnt say that!

wd_2k6, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  6. resto

resto Peon

Best Answers:
    lol

I played around a bit in illustrator this week and then purchased some floral art and ran it though live trace and turn it into vectors and have been playing with them.

It is a good way to go if your art skills aren’t that great.

resto, Aug 4, 2008 IP