1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to deal with download section and lots of bandwidth

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Agurus, Jan 14, 2011.

So my site has a download section, and lateley I have had increased traffic, hence more downloads (about 1 dl per 2-3 seconds). At the end of the day I am chugging about 19-20gbs of downloaded traffic a day (bunch of small 1mb files /kb files etcc)

Some bandwidth stats:
    1 Day Ago / 13239100 kb
    2 Days Ago / 6486455 KB
    3 Days Ago / 5522892 KB
    1 Week Ago / 11924222 KB

Now I am currently @ a 15mbit unmetered port on my server but I am going over that and might have to uprade to 100mbit port and XXXXgb of monthly bandwidth.

I need to keep my downloads but my question is what should I do?

Should I outsource them to an external server (say Multiupload.com or Rapidshare) - I don't mind paying for the hosting as long as it brings unlimited bandwidth and has a long standing reputation (last thing I want is the hosting site to shut down!).

I currently pay +$175 for my 15mbit port should I just upgrade to 100mbit port and pay per 1000gb?

Would like to save costs if possible but let me know your guys suggestions.

Agurus, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  2. iamgame

iamgame Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe look out for options like Dreamhost and Hostgator (both old and reliable hosts), which offer unlimited bandwidths for reasonable costs. Dreamhost's package starts from around @120/yr.

iamgame, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  3. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator with unlimited bandwidth
    or
    good VPS

jamuna, Jan 19, 2011 IP