1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to distribute my (physical) product in the US and Canada? Suggestions please...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MetStivn, Feb 10, 2011.

Hi guys,

I'm humbly asking you for your expert opinion, since there are many people here with lots of experience.
    Anyway what I'm selling is a camera dolly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_dolly). I'm not just reselling this I'm actually producing this. The price for my product is just under $2000.

I am based in European Union.
    The weight of the package (the product) is going to be about 150-200 pounds
    The volume of the package is going to be about 32 x 24 x 20 inches.

All your help and suggestions will be much much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Met

MetStivn, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  2. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being outside of the US, your best bet is to attempt to find a US-based distributor for your products. Try to look around for US wholesalers and distributors who specialize in or carry other film equipment, then contact them to attempt to sell them on adding your product to their inventory.

Good luck!

Phooey, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  3. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Met,

Do you have any kind of existing marketing plan in place, normally you produce products because you're filling an already existing demand for the product and already have wholesale buyers lined up. For example XYZ Company has already placed an order for 1,000 Units @ 2,000 USD etc, it's not normally the other way around is why I'm asking.

Seqqa, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  4. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    This all depends on how big your operation is. Are you mass producing the dollys or do you make them yourself? That part is important when trying to seek out a wholesaler/affiliate in the USA.

Steve Marino, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  5. digisellerinc

digisellerinc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you thread starter for opening this discussion.Delivering physical products overseas is my next business.I'm hoping many experienced people will also contribute here.

digisellerinc, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try approaching your country's government agency that deals with promoting exports. They will definitely be able to help you (exporting advice, tips and tricks, contacts), and get you in touch with potential distributors. I've done the same here in Aus in 2004 and they provided me with loads of advice.

hhsaus, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  7. jobic

jobic Peon

Best Answers:
    you could sell basic DIY kits, that combine all the parts they need, they just need to assemble with your dvd/video or book. Ikea-style lol

or just sell the basic plans and offer online "coaching" if they run into problems and if you really want to just send a real product over to people, you'll need to do some research and find a company that can build and then ship them to your customers. Just make sure you get your first "factory built" camera dolly sent to you, because you NEED to see how they're made. You want quality, not just cheap ass materials.

I always look for quality first and price second so you may not want to skimp on materials too much :)

Now it's time for you to google your fingers off (not literally! :p )

jobic, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can setup a dropshipper website.

Or you can affiliate,when people sold your cam then you paid the seller commission.

mentos, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  9. alishaneuron

alishaneuron Member

Best Answers:
    By attracting more customer. You can use B2B or B2C process of business for more ROI.

alishaneuron, Feb 14, 2011 IP