1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Dynamically Pull Blog Content and Fill CMS fields?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jacob183, Feb 2, 2010.

Hi All,
    I have a CMS that needs to be updated daily with recently posted articles. These articles come from my friend's blogs that they host. The thing is, I want to be able to take what they have written (I do have their permission), and pull it into my CMS dynamically so that it fills a majority of the fields in the CMS. My friends don't want to give their blogs up, so that means the article is basically getting posted twice or copied and pasted into the CMS. I have to add about 15-30 articles a day and it is very time consuming.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer or a point in the right direction.

Thanks

jacob183, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do they provide an RSS feed for the articles? If they do then it's just a matter of finding an RSS plugin that works with your CMS. If they do not then you'll have to keep doing what you are doing.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. jacob183

jacob183 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they do have an RSS feed, how would I go about connecting the two (Blog RSS feed and CMS RSS plugin)?

jacob183, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't answer that... depends entirely what the plug in is written to do.

In some cases you can set up an intermediary site... pull everything into there for organization then redistribute it to your other properties. Typically people doing this will not make their intermediary site public so as to no attract the attention of others who want to scrape it.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 5, 2010 IP