1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to encourage sign ups to a new dating site with no members.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DigitalMatt, Aug 13, 2013.

I have recently launched a very niche dating site. The difficulty I am having is trying to convert visitors into profile. It is a free website, but only having a handful of members is discouraging to new sign ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to encourage sign ups.

My thoughts are a contest with a cash prize. The contest would only be open to members.
    Is this too gimmicky?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

DigitalMatt, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. zorosa

zorosa Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi DigitalMatt.

Depending on how niche your site is you may try whitelabeldating.com

They have quite a cool way of doing dating sites. Essentially you build you frontend site and in the backend it plugs into their database of members. The end result is you have an instant dating site with loads of members.

I have used them once before for a client's site and they seem very helpful. Maybe chat with them and see if they are a match for what you want to do.

Cheers.

zorosa, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  3. DigitalMatt

DigitalMatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice Zorosa. I would give you a like if I wasn't just a 'peon' on this website :).

It looks like a good solution for anything seeking to start a new dating site. My site is already built, so I am going to need to stick with some traditional marketing initiatives.

DigitalMatt, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  4. zorosa

zorosa Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha. Thanks. I know the feeling :)

Good luck with your site.

zorosa, Aug 13, 2013 IP