1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to facilitate guest posts on my blog?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Domoner, Apr 6, 2014.

"Wordpress comments" aren't really any good any more. I need to allow people to submit their own "mini article" where others can comment on that.

Given the nature of the content on my blog, people like to contribute a little bit themselves with their own experiences. Something that would allow them to submit a guest post and add their own headline (some very basic design options).

Can anyone recommend something that will enable this, possibly a plugin or other?

Thanks.

Domoner, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  2. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    No plugin, just create them an account and assign them the appropriate role.

winnerdomains, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience, you're better off NOT going the multi-author route. Doing this opens your blog to an enormous amount of abuse by spammers and retarded marketers - they WILL post a load of bollocks all over your blog if you don't moderate.

So, I would suggest one of two possible routes:

a. Post a page with guest posting info on it, so the process is clear. Tell people you accept mini-posts, lay out your requirements and give them a means to send the post - Contact Form 7 or similar will do this wonderfully, or you can use an email address.

b. Allow people to register, set them as contributors and install the WP Status Notifier plugin by iDope. That will send you an email whenever someone hits "Submit for review" on their article, so you can check the content.

If you want to go more towards the Article Directory route, with easier submission and so on, it's possible to set it up using only free plugins. I have one that I run like that. :)

TIEro, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  4. ChrisEll

ChrisEll Peon

Best Answers:
    TIEro is right. Giving other people access opens you up to a world of horrible possibilities.

There are a ton of options for getting quality guest blogs. My Blog Guest and Blogger Linkup both have a great community that you can get personalized posts from--both are free to sign up as well!

ChrisEll, Apr 16, 2014 IP