1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find customers ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by luden, May 11, 2010.

I am a webmaster and i live in Paris and i would like to build websites for hair salon but i want to get paid for that.
    How can i proceed ?
    How can i get customers ?
    Do i have to work for free first ?

Regards

Frank

luden, May 11, 2010 IP
  2. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    You most probably have to get something to show. A portfolio or a sample site, to give the clients an idea of what they want and what they need.

Also, focus on providing an easy system which the client can use themselves to add weekly specials or change the images themselves. That would be to add a benefit for your customers, and a selling point for why they would buy from you. So get a domain and some hosting and setup both a sample site and a selling site for your services.

Adraco, May 11, 2010 IP
  3. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First make a website with some samples/examples (Of salon websites that you've made or can make). Then you could probably do some offline advertising in local magazines, newspapers and such.

You could also find salons around your region and ask them via phone/email/direct conversation if they want a website built. Maybe you could build the first one or two websites for free so you can gain some experience and samples.

lightless, May 11, 2010 IP
  4. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Offering to work for one or two salons for free is a great way to get to know the market. What do they need and what do they want? Maybe an online booking system? So that customer's could book themselves online, get reminded by SMS the day before and then again on the morning before their visit, with a welcoming message and also the phone number to dial should they need to cancel. There are many things, and you can learn what they would like and wish for by offering to work for one or two without charge and then use them as referrals. Plus, if you do a great job they will definitely talk about you. many hairdressers help each other out, they give each other haircuts, discuss quite a bit and so on. Since they are often small time company owners they cooperate on some things and compete for customers.

Adraco, May 11, 2010 IP
  5. zeeky

zeeky Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that, excellent advice: look at the yellow pages for your local area and find out which hair salons already have a website and which ones could do with improvment or dont have one at all - then contact them and discuss what you can do with your skills and how it will improve their business. You could offer seo to people to the site and customers for the biz by outsourcing that work - have discount vouchers ie. like 10% off your next cut on the site to draw traffic and that way the hair salon know that the website is bringing results

A portfolio of sites you have done for other local biz in your area will improve your chances as well references from those biz

have to have fair pricing if there are many web design biz you are competing with too

good luck

zeeky, May 11, 2010 IP
  6. Mary William

Mary William Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, work free first is a good idea

Mary William, May 11, 2010 IP
  7. victoryreds

victoryreds Peon

Best Answers:
    you should use wordpress as a cms when you create your site. there are tons of awesome templates that you can customize to get the look that you need.

victoryreds, May 11, 2010 IP
  8. denverice

denverice Peon

Best Answers:
    you should use wordpress theme and it has quite good interface and designing so you can build up your site easily

denverice, May 12, 2010 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First at all, create you own website related to this service, provide some example to your potential customer to view
    And then, promote it through Craiglist or local magazine.
    At the same time, you might register those freelance site too

lifeplayer, May 12, 2010 IP
  10. madesukma

madesukma Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree you give a free first, if they are satisfied with your service, they will become your customers.

madesukma, May 12, 2010 IP
  11. buffaloking

buffaloking Peon

Best Answers:
    go to free advertising website to how your ability. good luck

buffaloking, May 12, 2010 IP
  12. jackierough1

jackierough1 Peon

Best Answers:
    First make one sample site for the visitors, also give some services and products which customer can take or buy. Also gives free ads of other products on your site. And give some offers or prizes for the customer to sttract them.

jackierough1, May 12, 2010 IP
  13. annalyn

annalyn Guest

Best Answers:
    Ways to attract customers:

1. Reduce your customers risk
    2. Give them free samples, free 10 day trials.
    3. Invite your existing base to give you referrals or introductions.

annalyn, May 31, 2010 IP
  14. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ideas! Make some samples and show some credibility would definitely help with your salon website. Try to get involve with your salon community would definitely tell people who you are and give you a boost to make some sales. Good luck!

Justin_Dupre, May 31, 2010 IP
  15. xyzxixihaha

xyzxixihaha Peon

Best Answers:
    first you must give your customers a comfortable experience then let them feel that Your service is worth it

xyzxixihaha, May 31, 2010 IP
  16. smkfasteners

smkfasteners Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am agree with denverice

smkfasteners, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  17. asejm3

asejm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you advertise your service not only from the forums but also from directories and pay per click companies.

asejm3, Jun 1, 2010 IP