1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Find Source Of Facebook Traffic?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by br3adman, Jul 28, 2010.

Have you ever received numerous Visits from Facebook in a day?
    My stats shows over 900 for today but the referral only shows this
    facebook.com/extern/login_status.php
    facebook.com/l.php

Is it anyway to find the source of the traffic the page it's coming from?

br3adman, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    did you buy facebook ads? those must be the pages people seen your ad or message on and clicked it.

atxsurf, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  3. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I haven't bought any ads from them

br3adman, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  4. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can or at least I was never able to with my statcounter stats. I guess oyu just got to back track and see what you did.

ElitePrime, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  5. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    It wont tell you exactly what page etc, but you must have a profile/page/group on their with your link in?

Or do you have multiple and you don't know where its coming from?

Alex Hall, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  6. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    If each time you promote your site you post unique URLs to your site, you can then know which promotion sent you the traffic. Of course, this means you'll have to manually track those URLs (like in a spreadsheet) with the date and a note about where it was used (Facebook status update, Tweet about product X, etc.).

For example, if I were to set my Facebook status to include a link to my home page I might use something like http://www.example.com/?promo=XYZ where XYZ is something that is unique (maybe a date... maybe a running sequence number... mayb FBSTATUPD07312010 to indicate it was my Facebook status update on 7/31/2010... or something else that means something to your system). The next time you drop a link to your site's home page maybe you use http://www.example.com/?promo=abc.

Doing this removes your dependency on the refering URL to track which status or comment brought the traffic. You can infer it from the requested URL. You can even use Mod_Rewrite (if you are hosted on Apache) to 301 redirect all requests with a promo= query string parameter to the same URL with the promo=value in the query string if you're worried about URL canonicalization issues that might be created should someone repost the link on a site where it becomes a followed link.

social-media, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  7. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Add your website to your profile, people viewing your profile may visit your website too.
    make a fanpage and add hundreds of fans to it.

crudeexperts, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  8. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really not sure how I'm getting traffic from facebook. I only have a fan page with 250 fans and my personal profile so it's not coming from that because a fan page has the stats built in.I've been getting from 700-2000 visits a day from facebook and cant track it at all.

br3adman, Sep 11, 2010 IP