1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get 1500+ diggs... and get more sales

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Game Producer, Aug 14, 2008.

I mentioned the tool for finding out what's hot in digg, but I also thought to share a story. There was this guy (with whom I exchange emails every now and then and that sort of stuff), who basically created a marketing campaign.

The campaign idea was this:
    1) Ask software pirates why they steal his games
    2) Send this info to various big sites
    3) (Watch how the flamewar begins)
    4) Show answers that he got, while soft-selling his game in those answers.

The story got digged like 1500+ times or so, and his blog went down because of it :eek:

The concept was brilliant I think.

If you have some hot topic, consider using the same tactics on your story. Basically you need to switch "software piracy" to something else that really matters (to find out what's hot, you could take a look at that digg tool - and no, it's not made by me :) - I have no connection to that tool whatsoever).

I wrote a more lengthy blog post about this matter (how to turn piracy into a sales machine - check it out in case you are interested to see what sites he used etc.)

Game Producer, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  2. 3mice

3mice Active Member

Best Answers:
    3mice, Aug 15, 2008 IP