1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get funding for website?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by LanaDiago32, Sep 30, 2012.

Hi, I have a prototype website about to go live and am wondering what the best ways for getting funding are after it's live? I have considered Angel Investors etc... but have no idea how to go about that sort of thing.

Thanks

LanaDiago32, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Try to contact Venture Capitalists, may be they turn out to help you.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  3. LanaDiago32

LanaDiago32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting on replies from several venture capitalists and angel investors but wondering if theres anyone out there that's been through this before and if so what did you do? Angel Investor, Venture Capitalist, Crowd Funding or other...?

Thanks

LanaDiago32, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  4. Audrey110

Audrey110 Member

Best Answers:
    i don't think Venture Capitalist Company just pay signal penny if site is just live....you have to show some revenue generated by your site...than there 50% chance they accept your proposal.

Audrey110, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  5. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Kickstarter and other services for crowdfunding.

adbash, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  6. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is your site then you must shoulder the expenses I don't think there are people willing to support the website of others.

kinnethharring, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  7. LanaDiago32

LanaDiago32 Peon

Best Answers:
    For all those in the same boat, I have received back from various angel investors and venture capitalists and the breakdown of how it usually works is as follows:

First you need to prove that your website/company stands out from the others, show what makes it different to all the other twitter and facebook rip-off's out there, then you need to be able to prove you have started to develop an income with a business plan to show where the company is heading in future. When you have reached this point, and by no means before this point, you contact angel investors first who will invest an estimate of 150,000 - 200,000 to get you on your feet for a percentage of your company. Then when you can prove you have generated an income from your website that is in the hundreds of thousands you can approach venture capitalists if need be who will back your angel investment bya significant amount.

Hope this helps.

LanaDiago32, Oct 2, 2012 IP