1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to get GENUINE Subscribers on StumbleUpon

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by umer421, May 25, 2010.

Hi
    I have been using StumbleUpon from a quite long time having around 90 subscribers .. can anyone tell me that how can I increase my subscribers without going everyone's profile.. because I have experience that whenever anyone subscribes me , he sends pm me for subscribing him back as he is just there to increase his subscribers and accepts sharing so that he can send me his blogs posts ..so with this method , no one actually reads others posts , they just stumble it to next post

I want genuine readers on SU who read my post and share it with their fellows ..

any suggestions ? :confused:

umer421, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. hallwriting

hallwriting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Genuine Subscribers will occur less frequently, especially if your a promoting. I stumble a lot of school things, but my discoveries are usually Wikipedia or articles I've written. However, I am fairly confident subscribing does the following: it makes you more prone to seeing sites "liked" by those you're subscribed to. This means that even if they are just sharing with you, they still have to get exposed to your content. Otherwise, they will receive limits on the amount they can promote.

Honestly, I'm new to the Internet revenue game. However, I can't understand the obsession with "genuine" subscribers. StumbleUpon, Twitter, and Facebook are incredibly utilized tools, and even genuine fans may be spamming a bit, depending on what they use the medium to do. It's impractical to engage every individual person in messages or direct conversations. Even if this is your goal, you can use simple techniques like "search" to keep track of conversations and followers.

Anyone who subscribes to you may bring you traffic. Even if it's a bot of some sort, people will occasionally view that person's subscribers and see you. If you get a reputation for mutually subscribing to people, you'll get more subscribers. There are those people who claim that "they don't follow anyone who follows too many people." These people aren't common as when a service becomes good enough, it gets bombarded. As far as I'm concerned, an obsession with being genuine is a recipe for mid-level success. A website blog on "Cool Recipes with Chocolate" might get a dedicated fan base, sure. But if you reach a success level, you can't practically remove subscribers anyway. It's just a hassle. Obviously, most people won't get the success of someone like Facebook. However, these successful organizations only removal spammers when it influences their customer or fan base. Nobody else is spammed but you.

Sharing is largely uncommon. The "I like it" function for stumbling is the best method I think. If you want sharing, you're better off just directly working with people, but I believe it's a violation of the TOS. At 90 subscribers, I think you might want to just get people to subscribe by mutual subscription. Also, StumbleUpon is better for immediate traffic than long-term traffic, in my view. There are other networking sites worth considering as well.

People on StumbleUpon don't like to read, btw. Pictures will help your success significantly, and you may run into sharing issues related to content. For instance, I'll add anyone on Twitter to increase my reach. However, I'm not going to retweet people for the sake of it - especially if you're selling shoddy products. If I was that desperate, I'd sell my own shoddy products. If people want to do that, that's up to them. That being said, you may have followers who are interested in your material, but they have a subscription base that wouldn't enjoy it. Gaining followers in your niche may help your sharing potential.

Again, I'm still learning StumbleUpon myself so I'd take other advice over mine. That said, I'm letting StumbleUpon grow on its own while concentrating on other things.

hallwriting, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. umer421

umer421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thnx bro for ur views .. : )

umer421, May 26, 2010 IP
  4. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    To get genuine subscribers, you need to share useful resources not just your website's links. Make others be interested on the sites you stumble.

seodash, May 27, 2010 IP