1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more visitors to my technical web site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tjkpay, Aug 5, 2011.

1. bloggerpreneur

bloggerpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    • Well, for starters, you've entered an extremely large, saturated niche with a lot of big site competition, thus, it is going to take (tens of) thousands of relevant links and time to rank top ten for your keyword phrases. If I were you, I would narrow my focus a bit, so, that you actually have a shot at competing for keyword phrases.

• You might want to think about changing the name and tagline of your site. "Technical Tips" is about as vague a name as you can get. Your tag line, "Technical Tips blog covering topics such as Microsoft systems and different technologies", is vague as well. As I said, your niche is huge, and your website name and tagline do nothing to really tell me what the site is about.
    • Your content... Well, no one is going to blame you for being verbose. Remember, your niche is as big as they come and you are competing with really good websites that have been around for 15 year or more in some cases. You have to give potential readers (via search engines) a reason to read your how to articles compared to the ones that have been around for years that have thousands of incoming links. You are going to need to ad flavor or a different take that will get you a click versus other sites.
    • Get off of BlogSpot. It is hard to take a technical site hosted on BlogSpot seriously. You've got a real domain name, now, get a real blog host.

I could keep going, but, hopefully this is a good start...

bloggerpreneur, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  2. tjkpay

tjkpay Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you a lot for your answer. I think you are absolutely right.

Have you any ideas what could be a good tagline and domain name for my site? I would like to write instructions about different Microsoft Systems and get visitors.

I hope you all can recommend a good domain and tagline for my site.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    tjkpay, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  3. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think for this you have very strong On Page optimization for website.

jhardy2008, Aug 24, 2011 IP