1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get Traffic From MySpace?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by olddocks, Apr 11, 2007.

Any ideas on how to get traffic from myspace users? i am thinking of participating in myspace and looking to advertise my business there?

Any good? has somebody tried this one before? please post your experiences.:)

olddocks, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  2. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i currently have a myspace for my site. I think that a lot of people to it. There are programs to help add friends, and post comments automatically (badderadder.com i think). It is great for targeting people of a specific demographic. however don't got crazy on myspace, i do less than 100 friend adds a day and only 1 or 2 bulletins. If you do more than that there is a good chance your myspace account will be flagged and deleted. just do a thread search here and you can find a lot of good info

MDStidham, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  3. emilbus20

emilbus20 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace is turning into a spam whore frenzy!!! lol. I have a profile with over 10,000 friends and i get spammed so bad. But when I send out a bulletin i get somewhat ok results back. Anyway i digress. Get an account, add stuff to your profile, dont just leave it default. Spice it up a bit. Join every group you can. Get a lot of friends. Send out bulletins and comments everyday. Hit the forums up too!!

emilbus20, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  4. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for fun, I started a profile on MySpace a couple of weeks ago to see what the platform offers. I did not use any automatic software to add friends and post comments since I am not interested in spamming. That said, I find that keeping the blog updated on a daily basis, it gets 50-100 hits of traffic daily (according to MySpace stats counter.) I don't know where the traffic is coming from but it only occurs when I update the blog even if it is a couple of sentences or just an image/video. So, I am going to keep at it for a couple of months to see if the traffic will increase over time. I figured that if the traffic goes up then I can always try and throw in affiliate links for different products to see if it can be monetized. So, maybe working with MySpace is worth the effort.

trafficnotice, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  5. AlexandraUK

AlexandraUK Banned

Best Answers:
    How to get huge traffic from myspace:

Step 1 - get a myspace bot

Step 2 - create about 100 myspace profiles ( or hire somebody to make them for you)

Step 3 - add 50 - 100 friends daily on each account ( the myspace bot will come in handy now) , post comments with a link to your website, send messages

With a rate of response of about 50 myspace users visiting your website from each account, you'll have about 50 x 100 = 5000 unique visitors/day

And that's just a pessimistic projection .. I get a much better response

AlexandraUK, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  6. CraigslistGuy

CraigslistGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Try the forum. An ad there was indexed in a week.

CraigslistGuy, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  7. stevenk916

stevenk916 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone recommend a myspace or friendster bot?

stevenk916, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  8. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some Useful ways to promote your site on myspace
    • Myspace forum posting
    • Commenting on your friends pages using one of your images and a linkback
    • Using a bot to Add more friends
    • Send a birthday glitter to all/any "friends" that are having a birthday
    • find a myspace celeb who wants a profile doing and spend the time/$ to make them one, and of course include links back to your site.
    • Have something totally unique that everyone wants, a few people see it and it spreads like wildfire.
    • add all the celebs you can to your profile, and send them comments every now and then, raving about them....and if possible include a suitable glitter....lots of people view those comments.

Agent47, Apr 11, 2007 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  9. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are there still bots that work for myspace?

BigBadWolf, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  10. JNRCORPS

JNRCORPS Peon

Best Answers:
    i use badder adder and it still works for me i have seen here on dp that badderadder has stopped working

JNRCORPS, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  11. guide2myspace

guide2myspace Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of bots out there.. though it is getting harder and harder to market on myspace due to changes in the website coding therefore making some bots malfunction.

guide2myspace, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace traffic is not targeted so it's crap traffic concentrate your ofers to get rankings that's a long term thinking ...

w3bmaster, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  13. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    From classifieds and from your friends. :D

boyponga, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  14. Sejje

Sejje Banned

Best Answers:
    Good read I have never got great results due to a bad demographic because I used a friend adder. Anyone have a link to some of the new friend adders that are free and work please pm me or share with everyone here.

Sejje, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  15. zorde

zorde Peon

Best Answers:
    w3bmaster, I totally agree.
    Once again there are so many people chasing a non-sustainable traffic burst.

How long is myspace going to tolerate members that are purely there to exploit others and harvest its traffic for profit.

The only sustainable action you can take is to add value to people. If you can do that at myspace, great. If you're using bots and similar tactics to exploit a community, you're wasting your time.

zorde, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  16. global results

global results Peon

Best Answers:
    Good day,

Remember that my space is a social network on a Marketing network if you keep this in mind you will do O.K. think of the offline world.

global results, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  17. Ivan40

Ivan40 Guest

Best Answers:
    Use the forum, it helps...

Ivan

Ivan40, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  18. SEO-Apprentice

SEO-Apprentice Peon

Best Answers:
    Using the browsing function you can target your desired market segment and attack them with all the tips above. I for instance, have a huge desire in targeting Latin individuals that live in Seattle and that like the Mariners for one of my internet marketing campaigns and thanks to Myspace, I was able to increase my sells around 150% in three months with a subtle 2% conversion rate. No too shabby!

SEO-Apprentice, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  19. AcceleratedMarketing

AcceleratedMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Groups are generally the best bet long term. If you have a specific product, you should know your target audience, and if it is something popular there will be a group on MySpace for it. Act cool, join, and get those friends to add you. We've only tested this in the home biz market however it worked very well.

AcceleratedMarketing, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  20. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How to get traffic from Myspace? Bulletin spam, Comment spam, have links from your profile to your website & promote it on your profile.

Build up more friends with adder programs, & repeat. :D

htmlindex, Apr 14, 2007 IP