1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to go about marketing a social network for movie rating?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by axalon, Aug 19, 2008.

I recently launched a website called Film Roster (http://www.filmroster.com) which allows you to rate movies and create a "roster" which you can compare to other users.

My goal is to do what Digg does for news and Rotten Tomatoes does for movie critics. I have a few friends using it at the moment who seem to enjoy it but I'm having a real hard time spreading the word. I made a few topics in some movie forums, even paid for some Google Adwords ads (none of which I can tell converted) but since launch which was about 10 days ago, I only have 35 registrations. I've stumbled the site but I can't think of what else to do. I submitted it to Digg and Reddit, but it went no where, I'm assuming because it wasn't a news article or media file.

Any ideas?

axalon, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. bradrx7

bradrx7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use other social networking services more aggressively. Exchange diggs, stumbles, etc. with other users.

If anyone is looking for a stumbleudon.com or piqqus.com (automated trading of stumbles) invites let me know I have a few.

bradrx7, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. nokialenovo

nokialenovo Peon

Best Answers:
    go trade links

nokialenovo, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. axalon

axalon Peon

Best Answers:
    With who though? I emailed about 10 different movie blogs to see what they thought of the site and none of them replied.

axalon, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  5. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are a few things I can think of.
    1. If you have a facebook account with more than 500 friends, create a group and invite your friends.
    2. Issue a press release and emphasis the uniqueness.
    3. Submit to http://www.killerstartups.com/
    4. See if you can get some paid reviews in movie blogs.

Onera, Aug 19, 2008 IP