1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to hit Digg’s front page?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ientrepreneur, Feb 13, 2008.

I posted an article about How to hit Digg’s front page?
    In my view the catchy title and description with a good article will definitely make your website hit the front page. The social bookmark exchanges here at DP and other sites will usually get votes from poor profiles and this will lead to account ban. Do you have any such experience? What is your opinion?

ientrepreneur, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  2. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Digg is either hit or miss. If you don't make the front page, then you'll barely make anything. I mostly like to stick to the stumbles because traffic is linear. If you really wanted to get to the front page of digg, than you can hire subvertandprofit. A little pricey though.

deathfromabove, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm kind of in the same bandwagon with this thinking. Digg is bit like hit or miss, although... it'll make a good marketing story when you hit the front page ;)

by the way (bit off topic) this post was pretty interesting...

Game Producer, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  4. InFlames

InFlames Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice article, stumble upon seems to work better for me. I recommend you visit http://www.webtrafficorgasm.com, I regularly receive reports and cases studies. It's written by Dean Hunt at deanhunt.com, a buzz marketing expert.

Also, I saw you mention Sociable plugin, there is another one Antisocial (http://andybeard.eu/wordpress-plugin-hacks), which actually is the Sociable plugin with nofollow tags to the social bookmarking sites. I've read it was better since you have multiple times the social bookmarking links on your front page in each post.

InFlames, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  5. Origano

Origano Guest

Best Answers:
    I've always wondered why people wanted to get on the Digg frontpage so bad.

Tried it a few times with conventional, and unconventional techniques (like buying Diggs) - but in the end the traffic wasn't worth it. Of the 5,000 visitors only a few stayed around for longer then a minute - and just 10 people subscribed to my RSS feed and email updates.

The users of Digg have really short attention spans and rather Digg further instead of reading the actual content they just digged. It's the 'herd mentality'.

Have any of you got high quality traffic from Digg, that resulted in proper sales/subscriber figures?

-Dave

Origano, Feb 13, 2008 IP
  6. InFlames

InFlames Peon

Best Answers:
    Origano,

I understand what you mean, Digg traffic quality is not that good. Usually people visit and read info, they don't come for purchase. But in the long run, people who were interested in your content will write about you and link to your blog. You can get quality backlinks this way, but it needs time.

InFlames, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  7. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well - it makes a good report that you can sell for $$$ "how to get to digg frontpage" ;)

Game Producer, Feb 15, 2008 IP