1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to implement a custom (Chess) Social Network

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrx345, Aug 30, 2012.

I need to build a community dedicated to some sport (Chess). It will be similar to Facebook but in addition to this users profile should have additional fields to show some ranking and games history. Also there should be some interface for users to enter and track this information. Later on I will need some extra features like find a player of the same level, etc.
    Does anyone know how to implement it?

I am thinking of two options:
    Option 1: use Ning.. But I am not sure how customizable it is. Will I be able to add new custom forms for users to keep track of score after each game?

Option 2: create a Facebook application that allows users to show/keep track some additional info and also a group where they can communicate to each other. Here the problem is that I want to make it look like a separate community. So I am afraid that it will not be visible in Facebook as a separate community

Thank you

mrx345, Aug 30, 2012 IP