1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Import Your Forum Members/posts to a new site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by touchAshley, Jan 30, 2008.

I currently use SMF for my forums on one of my sites.

..How can I bring all my members and all the posts from my old site into my new Joomla website into Fireboard forums?

touchAshley, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  2. ltdraper

ltdraper Peon

Best Answers:
    We just went through a similar issue. First, we started looking at the mysql tables for the previous system and had pretty much worked out what we needed (jos_content has your posts and jos_users has your users in Joomla). But writing a migration script into CB and Fireboard looked to be rather daunting. There were obviously a few tables we weren't quite understanding.

Our solution was to use Imacro (Iopus.com) and generate a script that read the old information from the mysql tables and entered them as new users (all with the same password). We then updated the passwords in the new user records with their old password (it's encoded so you can't just enter it in, but copying the db values works fine).

ltdraper, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  3. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:

Ummmm
    that sounds complicated. -_-

touchAshley, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  4. Ross1234

Ross1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol^^ that is funny

Ross1234, Feb 1, 2008 IP