1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to increase your twitter followers

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by searchtechword, May 28, 2011.

This thread is dedicated to the people who would love to exchange their twitter id here. Kind of a reciprocal love. If you follow me then I will reciprocate back by following you on twitter.
    This will be a good way to increase your twitter followers.
    You can follow me on twitter here and then I will follow you back.
    You can also leave your twitter id in your reply for others to follow you..

It can be a win win situation for both.. what say??

searchtechword, May 28, 2011 IP
  2. kapil1webmaster

kapil1webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Gr8 idea dear I have followed you with my twitter account and hope you do the same as you mentioned in your post.

Instead of this I have also few tips to increase twitter followers:
    1. Don't be a Spammer on twitter.
    2.Mix your ads up with regular tweets.
    2. Only tweet your site once about every 10 regular tweets to prevent the spammer label.
    3. Tweet information, jokes and other types of tweets.
    4. Don't hesitate to ask for a Re-Tweet. If you dont ask your not going to get what you want.'
    5. Re-Tweet other posts to get yours re-tweeted its great to network with other marketers to learn their tactitcs. Remember marketing is a never ending learning process.

kapil1webmaster, May 29, 2011 IP
  3. woody allen

woody allen Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the fastest way is to use Twiends, however, drop rate is quite high, but at least u get better number for credentials. genuine fans would rather follow someone with 10,000 fans than to follow someone with 100 fans.

woody allen, May 29, 2011 IP
  4. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Treat your twitter profile as you would treat any other website. Send as much traffic as possible to your twitter profile.

2. Maintain good tweets in the first page of your profile. This seem to be a lot of work in the beginning. But seriously this will help you a lot in gaining followers. If people visiting your profile see only handful of links being tweeted, then they may not follow you, thinking that you are some sort of a automated script or some may think you as spammer. So see to that each time you decide to stop tweeting, make sure to tweet some useful things and minimize links. Because your recent tweets will be displayed in the first page of your profile.

3. Use a “tweet this” button below all your articles or below the articles which you think can go viral in twitter world.

4. Use different other services to know who is following you, and use the suggestion tool to get the suggested twitter users to follow. By this you can connect to relevant people around the world and they are most likely to follow you back, if they find you as relevant.

5. You can conduct twitter contests on your blog. This one strategy will drive a lot of followers in small amount of time. But it highly depends on what you are giving away in the contest. The higher the value of the product/service, higher the chances of getting more followers.

6. Get your twitter profile link featured on any famous website.
    Ex:- If you are listed in the top 10 re-tweeters, then you can get still more followers. As people will think that you will re-tweet even their tweets!

7. If you have a website or a blog, display the follow me button at the top or any other highly visible regions.
    If you get sudden hike in the traffic, you can’t expect that all those visitors will turn into your blogs subscribers or your loyal readers. But if they like the content of the blog they are most likely to follow you on twitter, as they think that you have the capacity to deliver the value.

8. Participate in twitter contests. By this you will be in a group of people who are into the contest, by this people participating may be willing to follow all other participants. So it is important that you leave a status message of the tweet or the twitter ID that you used to enter the contest, in the comment section, so that other participants can find you on twitter.

9. You can also use your twitter profile URL, while commenting on other blogs.

10. Participate in twitter actively. Re-tweet others useful tweets and get their attention. If they also re-tweet one of your tweets sometime, you will end up getting noticed by their followers, some of them may even follow you.

jhardy2008, May 30, 2011 IP
    seodetectors07 likes this.
  5. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Great idea kapil,.. Hope your ideas definitely works in twitter marketing ..

joelchrist, May 30, 2011 IP
  6. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    You can probably run a Twitter contest frequently on your website... this is the most effective way because it gets genuine followers.

PromoDirect, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lots of tools that you can use, you may want to see this like http://tycoonblogger.com/promoting-your-blog/7-tools-that-will-get-you-more-twitter-followers

alodia, May 30, 2011 IP
  8. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    @alodia This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing the post..

searchtechword, May 30, 2011 IP
  9. VenueNetwork

VenueNetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried wefollow.com? Its a good place to look for new followers interested in your main topic.

VenueNetwork, May 30, 2011 IP
  10. woody allen

woody allen Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried to changed it to regular posting instead of promotion. Seems like it's still not doing any help. what else can I do. I'm having around 2500 followers. what are the stuff I can do to increase interactions?

woody allen, May 30, 2011 IP
  11. kimdung

kimdung Peon

Best Answers:
    buy tweetattact you can get followers

kimdung, May 30, 2011 IP
  12. gift4usa

gift4usa Peon

Best Answers:
    Do relevant tweets and re-tweets and follow people you will get good followers.

gift4usa, May 31, 2011 IP
  13. Sagir.khan

Sagir.khan Peon

Best Answers:
    @searchtechword, you are right friend, that's the nice way to increase your follower's..
    ...........please follow me here http://www.twitter.com/sagir_khan ( I will do the same)

Sagir.khan, May 31, 2011 IP
  14. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow the three steps -
    1. Post regular updates & your products/services to Twitter
    2. Respond to people comments
    3. Encourage people to LIKE your posting so you can have better traffic via regular updates

socialmediamarketing01, May 31, 2011 IP
  15. kapil1webmaster

kapil1webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks joe these kind of support and feedback work as vital for the DP members to share there knowledge. Thanks for your feedback.

kapil1webmaster, May 31, 2011 IP
  16. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    twiends actually could get you some followers so fast, but you can get catched and banned also

Genesis1, May 31, 2011 IP
  17. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Apart from the software used in getting followers, it is easy getting followers by just following more people, tweeting at them and asking them to follow back.

chinasa, May 31, 2011 IP
  18. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guisbar, May 31, 2011 IP
  19. woody allen

woody allen Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried all 3, but it doesnt seems to be going anywhere, however, in FB, it's going very well.

woody allen, May 31, 2011 IP
  20. KianBoon

KianBoon Member

Best Answers:
    What the purpose of getting random twitter followers which might not be involved with your interest group?

KianBoon, May 31, 2011 IP