1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a 25 foot vinyl banner design

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Cancunvibe, Mar 26, 2008.

I meen I can do the design but what resolution do I use?????

Any out there ever do vinyl banners have ideas

Thanks inadvance

Cancunvibe, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. c l a r i t y

c l a r i t y Active Member

Best Answers:
    vectors are best...no quality loss when u blow it up...but I use photoshop and do 600 dpi on most stuff...but at least 300dpi should be used.

c l a r i t y, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    As clarity said - it's much better to use vectors. If you have to use Photoshop, then 300dpi will be fine for a vinyl banner, it's not as if the vinyl banner machine is going to be super high res :p

Go and ask what vector formats the "vinyl banner people" prefer, most print shops have at least one graphics nerd that actually knows what they're talking about.

Kerosene, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  4. mgandy

mgandy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Cancunvibe,

I might be of a little help, If worked in the trade show convention industry for the last 7 years and deal with a lot of large format graphics. As stated by Clarity, vector format graphics are the best to work with since there will be no data loss when resizing the images/graphics. You could problably use 300dpi images especially if the banner is going to be hanging in the sky. Pm me if you have any further questions.

Mike

mgandy, Mar 27, 2008 IP