1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make a good backdrop for portfolio?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by bluesinjid, Nov 9, 2009.

hi, I would like t know how to make one similar to this, not the logo, but the background.

[​IMG]

bluesinjid, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Quite a suprise to see my own logo here, please feel free to drop me a PM in the future and I'll let you know! :D

Anyway, that's just a 1000 x 800 px document with a white square in the middle, drawn with the shape tool. As far as the effects in the box, that's just blending options. The border is created by having an inner stroke of 1px that's a grey colour.

The darker edges are created with an inner shadow. This is created with the following attributes :

Blend mode - Normal
    Colour - Black
    Opacity - 10%
    Angle - Irrelevant
    Distance - 0px
    Choke - 0%
    Size - 95 px

It may be that in the example the inner shadow has a slight blue accent just to hilight the blue in the logo, but that's just by altering the colour of the inner shadow.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask :).

Thanks, glad you like my canvas.
    Hecky.

Hecky, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. bluesinjid

bluesinjid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow thanks for the tutorial. Sorry for not contacting you first, and I must say you are a great teacher and designer ;)

bluesinjid, Nov 11, 2009 IP