1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Make Custom Fan Page Tab with Sprout

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Tactio, Mar 19, 2010.

Tactio, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  2. kevbo22

kevbo22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats great! Thanks for posting this.

kevbo22, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. Patriot427

Patriot427 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot! It also helps to use a WYSIWYG HTML editor.

Patriot427, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  4. Revolucion

Revolucion Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot!

Revolucion, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  5. surfptc.info

surfptc.info Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx alot for the great info!

surfptc.info, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  6. lafiza

lafiza Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good services. I would like to consult more.

lafiza, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  7. neo85willson

neo85willson Peon

Best Answers:
    As I lead a webinar this week about Twitter and Face book custom this week for Higher EdHero, I have received a lot of questions from folks inadequate to know how we added a custom tab to my institution’s fan page. I thought it’d be a valuable to show you how we did it, and to see if there are easier ways to complete . We have a “Welcome” tab on our page with some general campus information. It looks like this:

Here’s how to add a similar tab to your institution’s fan page. Keep in mind you must be an administrator of the page you want to add the tab to.
    First, search for the FBML app. You can just enter in FBML in the search box on any page.

You will desire the application called Static FBML. It will look like this. You can click for a larger size image.

You firstly visited the application’s page, which looks like this. You will want to say “Add to my Page.”

When you add it to your page, you can choose what pages or applications you want to add the FBML to. You can add it to multiple pages, but be aware that you can only have 1 FBML application on a page, unfortunately.

At that point, starting edit your page. Find the FBML area and click on the pencil icon to start editing it.

You will be given an area where you can title your box as well as correct the contented. In box title, enter what you want the text of your tab to say. you don’t need to. You can put directly up HTML in here, complete with images and more.

Once you have got your content in the box , it’s time to add it to your page. Go back to your fan page and click on the plus sign (+), which should be the last tab in the row, like such:

When you click the plus sign, you should see all the application and satisfied you can add as a tab. One of the choices should be the box name you entered when editing the FBML box. Click on it and it will be added to your page.

Click on the tab and if everything’s gone correctly, you should see the HTML content you entered in. Here’s what I see using the HTML I entered a few screens ago.

neo85willson, Feb 4, 2011 IP