1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make money from an information website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by K.T.C, Dec 27, 2012.

I've just launched a new website. Its a review site which provides information and has a forum. There is no fees or subscriptions attached to the site. So at the moment Google Adsense is all I have to make money from the website. And at that I've only made a couple of bucks from it!

Is there any other options for making a decent amount of money from an information website? Once I have become more established I intend to approach companies directly about advertising on the website rather than relying on Adsense. But Im hoping there is other options that I just havent thought of. Anyone here able to offer some advice?

K.T.C, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  2. HostUS - Alexander

HostUS - Alexander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Adsense is your best bet really, also you may want to try your ad locations, eg. header, sidebar, footer. Header is most likely to be effective.

Happy Holidays!

HostUS - Alexander, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  3. K.T.C

K.T.C Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Yes I've been working on trying to place effective ads on the site. I guess more what I was asking was, is there any other options for making money from an information website apart from ads?

K.T.C, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  4. HostUS - Alexander

HostUS - Alexander Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Not really, only way would be donate / subscriptions. But if you have subscriptions people will most likely go else where/

Happy Holidays!

HostUS - Alexander, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  5. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is really good but what if your adsense account is banned by google. I hope you thought that its over. But its not true!!
    Get my full story how do i make money form other affiliate programs.

Best0000.jpg

The world not end in 2012 . So don't worry :)

granthelp, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  6. gofirst

gofirst Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this great reply. Also I believe google AdSense is the best earning programs. But it is not the only one program! Also there are many nice ways to earn online. Affiliate marketing is on of them.

gofirst, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  7. lordgreen

lordgreen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing and lead generation business are good also you can sell ebooks on information and on various ideas of making money online.
    Cheers.

lordgreen, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  8. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    granthelp, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  9. wwhuang

wwhuang Peon

Best Answers:
    A information site is very powerful and selling ad spaces is only one of the many ways to make money. Once you have visitors stick to it, you can promote your own products, affiliate programs, etc. This is for your reference since selling ad spaces seems to be your only idea right now.

wwhuang, Dec 31, 2012 IP