1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make the most money from my site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Humorous.tv, Aug 3, 2010.

Hey guys, I own the site mostliked.net and it has steadily grown to about 35+ visitors a day with over 100+ page views a day, do you guys have any suggestions on how to make the most money from it because adsense isnt paying very well.

Thanks,

Zach

Humorous.tv, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. pojokserver

pojokserver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can sell product, iam not sure what you mean adsense not paying well, is about build your income from website need time also investment

pojokserver, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  3. 248

248 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you say the traffic is about 35 and impression is 100, you cant adsense is not paying you well, try promote your site more and more, i think you can get promote it in twitter, facebook, if you had a couple of budget, try to offer it in microworkers or rapidworkers

248, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. iloveRP.com

iloveRP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    In your site, mostliked.net, I strongly resist the idea that you should put the Lord Jesus Christ in the list. God and mortals cannot be on the same level in the scheme of things.

For money-making, try cj.com or shareasale.com

iloveRP.com, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  5. Brandon P

Brandon P Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense is good isnt it?

Brandon P, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    About the Jesus thing someone put that on the site, and since it is a name I have no reason to take it down. But that isnt what the thread is about! I might try cj, but ive never heard shareasale.

Thanks

Humorous.tv, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  7. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you see those sites on Facebook where people click "likes walking in the rain" or "likes turning the car radio down when looking for an address"? These sites are doing very well at the moment and you have a good domain name for it.

I'd put CPM ads on the site.

Dean_Saliba, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  8. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    Actually those sites are dying now, and mine is a spin off of those site so hopefully it will catch on. Any cpm networks you suggest?

9. Mindraven

Mindraven Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try directly selling advertising as your site grows. Maybe join an affiliate program with good returns and promote it a bit. Adsense will work but it's only a start.

Mindraven, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  10. keith115

keith115 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just checked your site and its showing public service ads, there is no content just a load of FD buttons.

keith115, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  11. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    I know there is no content it is a facebook liking site not an asthma blog...

12. keith115

keith115 Active Member

Best Answers:
    that doesn't mean you cant put some sort of content instead of just like buttons, and you wonder why adsense isnt paying very well it wont if it cant find content to bring up relative ads been the reason its showing service type ads meaning you will get nothing.

i would try improve hits, page rank and see if you can find someone to advertise there service that is related to social networking, maybe affiliate.

keith115, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  13. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    Could you link me to a good affiliate network? And maybe an article about making money from affiliates as I have never used them before.

Thanks for the tips

Zach

14. cthemarketer

cthemarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    You can increase your page rank by getting back links on other high ranking sites. You can also use pay per post sites that you can pay to do that. It is very inexpensive. Once you get your PR3 or higher and get more traffic, you can sell ad space on your site. (links, banners)

cthemarketer, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  15. EmpowerMedia

EmpowerMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    For this kind of site, I would do away with the AdSense altogether and look for affiliates through CJ. Create some clean, square advertisements off to the side. I would do as many link exchanges as I possibly could. Promote, Promote, Promote!

EmpowerMedia, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  16. Stephen Meyer

Stephen Meyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, place some box ads on the right. They will not only bring you some revenue but the right ads can make it look nice.

On aniother note, I typed in my name but have no idea what's suppose to happen next? Or first for that matter, but it is interesting. LOL

Stephen Meyer, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  17. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you EmpowerMedia, I am definitely going to join CJ. Also are you talking about some 250x250 ads on the side? Also would you put them above or below the facebook group pae?

Stephen, after you type in your name I would suggest telling your friends via Facebook and Twitter by linking them to your page. Here is your page http://mostliked.net/like/?id=177, and you already have 2 likes!

I happen to be on top of the leaderboard, and what has worked the best for me is to make it your status on facebook asking your friends to like you and also telling your twitter followers.

Good luck getting to the top!

Thanks fellas for the advice,

Zach

Humorous.tv, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  18. Stephen Meyer

Stephen Meyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I did that and it posted directly to FB, that's kind of cool. If you can get the word out and some ads in place I'll bet it will make some money.

Might even try a Fan Page

Stephen Meyer, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  19. Humorous.tv

Humorous.tv Member

Best Answers:
    I did that, you can check it out the facebook page here. Thanks for the kind words, and yeah I will put the ads up shortly!

Humorous.tv, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  20. EmpowerMedia

EmpowerMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! I just went back to your site, and I really like this. I put in my name as well, and I think it is a great tool. Yes, I would put 250x250 ads in the upper right corner and possibly add some banners at the bottom of the other pages (like AdSense has right now).

Oh, and I'm not a fella. I'm a girl, but I do need to change my avatar because that is just weird. Good luck with this one! It looks great. Can people add fan pages, or does it have to be a real person?

EmpowerMedia, Aug 7, 2010 IP