1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to manage Newsletter Subscribers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by max196, Apr 19, 2010.

Hi Friends,
    I have placed Newsletter Subscriptions Box on my Casual Games website. The subscription is not mandatory. I weekly send a newsletter to my subscribers.

The problem is that very few subscribers have entered their real email address and many of them get bounced. There are approx. 6500 email id in my database but the actual subscribers are only 400-500.

Some of them enter Id's like or or sometimes spelling mistakes like .cm, .co for .com

I don't understand why the people enter false email id in subscription form though it's optional. I'm really confused how to manage them?

max196, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because people don't want junk sent to them. There's a belief that anyone who's looking to grab your email is going to try and sell you something you don't want. So you need to address that and who why it is people SHOULD subscribe. Are they going to benefit? How are they going to benefit? What will they do with their benefits? You need to convince people what you want to give them is worth their time, and most important if your going to sell them something, that its always going to be worth their money.

kidsko, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to avoid this,i would suggest you use 3rd party service such as aweber.
    They are double opt in list so there no fake email problem.

mentos, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. alfa_375

alfa_375 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! double opt in is the solution, to get rid of false ids. You should also respect there privacy and stating some where in your form that, it will not sold to any third part or something like that.

alfa_375, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. alfa_375

alfa_375 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! mentos you have 13 and half thousand post here. How much time spend on dp?

alfa_375, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  6. buncoh

buncoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this. Sound new for me. But how the double opt in looks like?

buncoh, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  7. ExitLinks

ExitLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to manage a newsletter in my opinion is with Interspire Email Marketer. It has worked wonders for my campaigns!

ExitLinks, Apr 29, 2010 IP