1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market my biz using offline strategies?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by biztrendz, Apr 10, 2011.

Hi there,

After working with only offshore clients till now, I have finally decided to work with local market as well. But the thing which is bothering me is, what marketing strategies should I adopt to capture the attention of local market? I offer web related services (design, development, maintenance & etc.).

The main reason which is confusing me to come-up with any decision is, in my country; web based businesses and awareness isn't on its peak. People don't have any appropriate knowledge to do business using their website or to get their online identity which can work to increase their reputability among online audience (local customers). However, there's still a bigger part still untouched which I am willing to attain.

So here's the question guys,;

In above-mentioned scenario, which offline marketing strategies should I adopt to get clients.

I'll be waiting for your precious suggestions on this one.

Regards,

biztrendz, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would compare them with their online competitors and say they can increase their sales by updating blabla..

For a SEO service we were offering we e-mailed a few companies and said their website didn't rank for that term and that term, most really wanted to rank for it so they paid us to get the rankings ;) I'm sure you can do something similar for your business.

Aquarezz, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  3. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for the response mate. Really a nice idea to get customers for SEO services.

But like I said, majority of biz people in my country aren't familiar with the fact how online business (their website) can bring more profits in their pockets. Consequently, most of the small businesses as well as establish business owners doesn't have a website. So I think for getting an SEO client; first I need to convince them about getting their own website---hehehe.

biztrendz, Apr 10, 2011 IP
  4. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep I know, but I just wanted you to think of something similar, but for your niche. Are there really zero companies that own a website? A small computer shop that sells parts online? If there isn't (which is possible), I'm sure your prices shouldn't be high otherwise they won't even mind. Have you thought about not going local but further away?

Do the people in your town all have internet connection or not?

Aquarezz, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    I see. Well I suppose I can start with cold calling or email marketing; but still these are the options with very low return; I know most of the businesses don't even bother to check their emails, but cold calling might be a good start. Thanks.

Yes mate, people have internet connection but like I said, it's biz community I am trying to focus. Internet users are spreading countrywide but the awareness of internet business isn't there yet.

I am still looking forward for some great ideas that are effective and fruitful.

biztrendz, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. kray

kray Peon

Best Answers:
    I too have challenges getting clients (local small businesses) who are not currently without an online presence. One thing that I find to work pretty effectively is holding community workshops with a target audience. The workshops can cover any of your services where you are educating the businesses on why it's important for a small business to have an online presence. Basically it levels the playing field a little and will give them the ability to compete with bigger (corporate) businesses. The workshop will give you the opportunity to educate and gain some trust from the local businesses who should remember you either when they are finally ready to get a website or see your future adverts. Another subject will be how fast and quick they can get online with facebook and yelp. Once they are educated a few should bite if you've given them a call to action. There's so many possibilities.

Of course you will have to create fliers and distribute them around town, place yourself within the non-profit community if you can. If you can't afford the fliers you can work out some ad space on that flier for some of the local businesses who will be happy to fork over $50-$100 to be placed on your double-sided UV coated fliers which you will promise to distribute 5000 copies to XYZ target markets.

Hope that helps.

kray, Apr 12, 2011 IP
    Aquarezz likes this.
  7. Tom Montelione

Tom Montelione Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create a directory for a specific category, say dentists. List all the dentists in your town along with address, phone number, etc. Feature one. Call them. Show them the site, ask if they want their own site so people don't see the competition as well. Create a link back to their site. Rinse and repeat.

Tom Montelione, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  8. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    @Kray, you made my day... Great advice.

You are right about the educating and gaining trust thingy. Once I am able to convince them with the benefits of online business, they surely "might" react positive.

But still, with this option, chances of "initial" success aren't there. I mean this can be a long term strategy to gain clients, but what should I do to attract some quick clients?

Thanks and regards,

biztrendz, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't you contact someone who made a post on his blog that he had tons of new clients after building a good online website where he also sold his products? You could get in touch with that guy and use him as an example to include in a powerpoint presentation. And people LOVE to see numbers and graphics, so if you could show that it GROWS I'm sure they'll bite.

I was surprised too btw from the reply of kray, really a great thing I might test out myself ;)

Aquarezz, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  10. kray

kray Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday one of my young entrepreneurs had a scheduled workshop at a local library. 15 small businesses were in attendance and 2 businesses got back to us right away for SMM services.

kray, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  11. johaswe

johaswe Member

Best Answers:
    kray, that sounds like a great idea. Have open house, give away your time for free doing workshops, classes etc. if customers feel they get value from your time they will get back for sure.

johaswe, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  12. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome! How do you start on things like that? What comes first? Searching for a place to do it or search for businesses or..? I'm really interested in doing something like this here.. :)

Aquarezz, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  13. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    You could hand out fliers or do some local newspaper advertising.

cool_78, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  14. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me mate; I've tried these options already. And guess what, the only response I got from a newspaper ad was a single email that wasn't converted into sales at the end---my luck...

Like I mentioned earlier, it's all about awareness. When people are not aware; they won't respond at all. And that's what's happening to the web biz in my homeland. There are expert designers & developers here; but there are not many customers.

Wish me luck guys...Coz I need it!

biztrendz, Apr 16, 2011 IP