1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market my digg-theme for Wordpress the most effective way?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Peterandrej, Oct 28, 2007.

Hi, new to this forum, hopefully some of you can help me with a small problem: I've made a digg-theme for Wordpress which I hope to sell lots of. But, so far I haven't sold any, and I'm having some trouble getting the attention I need for the sales to kick in.

I've posted an article about the theme on my blog, submitted it to all social bookmarking sites I could find, and I'm even thinking of starting a adwords-compaign.

How would you try to sell this theme? Is the sales-page I've put up good enough to generate sales, or should I change it? Any ideas for making a buzz about this theme that doesn't cost all to much money?

The theme is in general just a digg-clone, but have features you won't find in free themes, and the price is just $10. Maybe the price is to low for people to bother signing in to Paypal and actually buy it?

What do you think?

The sales page could be find here:
    http://www.peterandrej.com/shop/digg/

And the articles Ive written about it could be found at here:
    http://www.peterandrej.com/2007/10/27/the-digg-theme-for-wordpress-released/

Hopefully anyone could give a few fresh ideas for selling this, because I'm fairly new at selling things myself over the net.

Thanks,
    Peterandrej

Peterandrej, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  2. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Peterandrej,

The sales page looks fine. It has more than enough information for potential customers.

The only reason I can think of why your visitors aren't converting into sales is because your traffic isn't targeted enough. I'd really consider experimenting with AdWords. At the moment there appears to be no advertiser competition for the keyword "wordpress digg theme", and I'm sure there wouldn't be any competition for variations of that keyword. Deposit $100 or so into your account and test, test, test. You may lose money in the process but it's all part of finding that perfect "formula".

They don't have to sign in to PayPal if they don't have an account or don't want to.

All the best,
    Liam

Ponynugget, Oct 28, 2007 IP