1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to recovery mybb passwords?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by templates, Dec 23, 2012.

I recently bought a website and it has a mybb forum attatched to it..the seller of site wasnt aware of the forum as he bought it from someone else..how can i recover the admin logins so that i can be the admin of the forum?????

templates, Dec 23, 2012 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Install MyBB on another computer (the one you use every day would be fine). You'll be asked to put in a password as the admin. (Look in the one you bought, in the database, in the users table, for the admin's login name. Use that same name in your new installation.)

Once it's set up, look in the users table and you'll see the password - but it won't be what you typed in. It's a salted hash of what you typed in. Copy that password and put it into the database/users entry for the admin. (You can use phpMyAdmin for both the old and new installations.) Now you can use your password on the old installation.

Alternatively, if you don't want to save the users and posts, just reinstall MyBB from scratch on the site. And get used to the MyBB forum. That's where the people who wrote MyBB are.

Rukbat, Dec 23, 2012 IP