1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to relate a social webmaster community to the commoner?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dbbrock1, Jan 17, 2009.

Hello Dpoints!

I started a new website recently - 0bones.com. 0bones is a social webmaster network where my members can start a website off our servers and than promote it throughout my community for completely free.

However, I am having trouble coming up with ways to relate my service to the common user who doesn't know much about websites.

Here is what I mean by relate:
    FaceBook - everyone uses fb to keep in touch with friends, stay in the loop with whats going on etc.
    MySpace - People generally use MySpace to make new friends and meet new people

Now somehow Im trying to make 0bones relate to the common person in a similar way. For example, I could do something like - Find out what websites your friends own...or see if any of your friends have their own websites...

However, this doesn't help with repeat visits. This would be cool at first, however once you are done you are done. But with FB for example, people keep coming back to stay in touch.

I hope you understand what I mean...and really appreciate some tips or ideas you can give me because I am stumped to be quite honest.

Thank you!
    -Dan

dbbrock1, Jan 17, 2009 IP