1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Sell Sites Earning me $3500+ Month?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Activeweb, Nov 20, 2007.

Here is the situation,

I just have to many projects on the go and need to unload some websites. I was considering selling off my network of myspace sites and a few other entertainment sites. On average...collectively they earn me $3500 month after expenses. The sites are viral and receive traffic on their own so I don't have to pay for advertising. The sites are all established and range in age from 1-3 years old. I haven't even looked into monetizing the sites better with CPL offers and higher paying CPM networks. It's such a shame because I know in the right hands this network could do so much more. I just don't have the time to continue with these sites.

So my question is this, how do I go about selling this network? Where do I start? I know most people value sites at 10-18months revenue, am I correct with this? What's the safest way to complete a transaction so I don't get ripped off? (heard a few horror stories)

Any suggestions, tips, help from others who have experience with this would greatly be appreciated

Activeweb, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  2. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will take them off your hands for $50 =) Nah JK... Have you thought about going through sites like sedo although you will lose 10%? This way you will be kept safe.

Alonski, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  3. linkmanager

linkmanager Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try build an Auction here on DP forum in BUY/SELL/TRADE --> SITES section ;)

linkmanager, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  4. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    you can sell in flippa.com

googlecrawl, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  5. Hs McD

Hs McD Peon

Best Answers:
    Thumb up for flippa if you wanna sell site with such revenue. I don't think in dp have such buyer, no offence :)

Hs McD, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  6. dungdenvn

dungdenvn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I saw some people sell their site here in DP 60,000$ and still have some question and answer about it, but i don't know if it's going to be safe :) so choose sedo or flippa :) they will make sure you're safe

dungdenvn, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  7. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can advertise the site anywhere you want, and then make sure to do the transaction through escrow.com, yes they charge you a percentage fee, but for safety it's well worth it.

As the market goes now, I doubt you'd be getting 18 months revenue. 6-12 as an average, and for quality sites maybe up towards 15. But it all depends on how credible you are, how much infor you provide and so on. When I buy sites, if someone asks say 10 motnhs revenue, I'd like to see at least 10 months stable income from the site backwards. Then people always have a bunch of excuses, like they haven't monetized it well, have tried different solutions, and therefore don't have ten months stable proof. Then that's usually a deal breaker right there, why would I value something at a certain price if it can't be backed up?

Adraco, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  8. wetishlibby

wetishlibby Peon

Best Answers:
    You are my idol, learning!

wetishlibby, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  9. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    If you google "sell websites" there are a few sites that allow you to sell site. Or, alternatively you could sell them in the BST section

joshvelco, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  10. techmom

techmom Peon

Best Answers:
    Flippa is the one I've heard is best for selling the sites, although people have said there has been less traffic there as of late...

techmom, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  11. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    No Flippa is still just as good. The quality of websites being sold there have been going down recently, but that's just because a lack of good web developers/designers haven't been pulling their fare share.

Ascendancy, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  12. tradedemon

tradedemon Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best places to list are

- Here
    - Flippa

You'll get most of the interested buyers visting these sites. The careful part is the how do you take payment part. Escrow is safe but even standard paypal is fine if the buyer is trusted.

tradedemon, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  13. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys do realize that this thread was made 3 years ago? I sold those sites long time ago LOL

I found a buyer by placing ads in the webmaster forums. Lots of time wasters but eventually found someone serious.

Activeweb, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  14. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    may i know how much you sell your site? someday i wanna sell my site too.still looking buyer

googlecrawl, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  15. Bonza

Bonza Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen many sites for sale on flippa - you just gotta be careful with the payments

Bonza, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  16. staringbug

staringbug Peon

Best Answers:
    here
    flippa
    sedo

just choose the best one for yourself...

staringbug, Apr 16, 2010 IP