1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to sell via email and multiple users?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Chris8080, Sep 9, 2013.

Hello,

I'd like to take on a second person for sales (via email). I'm wondering about:
    • one face to the customer
    • having a personal customer service staff member
    • how do bigger shops do this (not amazon or similar - just some big sellers on ebay or bigger stores maybe in B2B?
    • responsibility of client history documentation and future whishes
    Do we have only one mail address:
    and a second one for the next language
    or does every sales person have his/her own email address?
    Is there a best practice?

Thanks in advance
    Chris

Chris8080, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  2. AliceHarrold

AliceHarrold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    your almost over-thinking and worrying too much on these details.. but i guess that happens to everyone.

usually each sales person has their own email, but ive seen same email used for multiple support members.

AliceHarrold, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  3. Chris8080

Chris8080 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure whether this can be over-thought.
    How about a sales person builds up a good relationship with a customer and leaves after one year? The customer has to get to know someone from scratch plus the email from this sales person (if it's a personal one) won't be in use anymore.
    Or how about from the customer side .. would it be better to have this special, personal touch or would a customer be happier about a company in which everybody always knows the current status of any request/project?

For amazon etc. they might not have a personal?
    Very small whole salers and manufacturers (just the sales staff) might only have a personal one.

There are many pros and cons.

Chris8080, Sep 13, 2013 IP