1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to set meta description as a unique one for every post in WP ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by richu, May 5, 2009.

Hi,

In my blog, each and every post is having the same meta description that I provided for the homepage. I want all the posts to have a different meta description (that which is show in google.)

How do you guys do that? If you are having a WP blog, you'll be knowing that.

waiting for replies....

thanks

richu, May 5, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I remember right, the All in One SEO Pack for wordpress can do this.

When you are writing the article, scroll down and you will see some data entry boxes where you can enter meta information on a per article basis. So you can give one article one description, and another article a different description.

I used the All in One SEO Pack on one of my wordpress sites. It looked pretty good and had a lot of features. But I wanted to keep things simple, so I uninstalled it.

~kev~, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah All in one SEO Pack plugin does that pretty well, and also platinum SEO plugin does that as well.

Oranges, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. richu

richu Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that. I use that. But still, things are not getting right !! What to do? What might be the problem.

richu, May 6, 2009 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check the plug in settings and make sure nothing changed since you upgraded the plug in. That plug in is upgraded a lot. There is an option to over ride and create a specific meta tag, but I only used it occasionally and just for the homepage.

internetmarketingiq, May 6, 2009 IP