1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Start A Profitable Home-based Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bubble, Sep 21, 2008.

Pls advise

bubble, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  2. calande

calande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many serious self-made home-based business are profitable because you have limited expenses. Make a $1000 web site every week and you are probably already generating profits. There are many more things you can do (open a web host, translate stuff, copywriting, create a portal or a niche business directory, a news web site, etc...). Good luck! :)

calande, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can bid a job at major freelance site such as guru.com
    From there alone i can earn $2k/month

mentos, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  4. adhauliya

adhauliya Peon

Best Answers:
    can you tell me how should i go about doing copywriting and translating .how much money can be earned through it and what are the sources of starting these.

adhauliya, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  5. calande

calande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adhauliya: You first should have a diploma in these areas to bring confidence. Then you can either target companies to offer your services (call them by phone and discuss with decision makers), or you can also target freelance websites but prices are lower. Offer money-back guarantee to your first 10 customers so that you can build your customer showcase. Don't charge too low. Charge what you think is worth, compared to other professionals. You can make some money in the beginning, and after some time (6 months, a year), you can make a very nice income.

calande, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  6. Munday

Munday Peon

Best Answers:
    If I was to start out I would work on a website in my spare time and then if it was making enough money I would quit my full time job to concentrate on the website.

A lot of people who have started successful websites haven't quit their day job to start it.

Good Luck!

Munday, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  7. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't have a business plan going into this sort of thing, then, if I'm honest, I think you're wasting your time. If you were really serious about making money online then you should have researched all the possible opportunities and decided which is right for you....

..BUT, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;) What skills do you have? Can you write well, if so, you should look into content writing, if you can design, look at designing jobs, and so on. If you have any sort of talent which could bring people money, then you should become a freelancer.

The other opportunity is websites. You can create websites and then either put adverts on them (such as Adsense) or start selling affiliate products on your site. Both of these are a lot more complex than freelancing, and you will have to focus on getting enough traffic to your site to convert into clicks/sales...

kiteguy123, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  8. Timby

Timby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd start off with building an adsense based website, try and start making $100 a month solid with that and take it from there. Everyone on the net should try and do this!

Timby, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  9. slothasor

slothasor Guest

Best Answers:
    there are so many different options, you should post your hobbies and interests to find something that would best suit YOU

slothasor, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  10. bthompson6472

bthompson6472 Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you thought of the money you can save when you incorporate your business, rather than the sole proprietorship most people start out with? It's the best way to protect everything you earn no matter which business venture you choose. Just something to think about!

bthompson6472, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  11. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I would definitely start with some kind of list of things you like to do. It is such a wide open question. Then when you decide, make a plan and be persistent.

webgal, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  12. instantflow

instantflow Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me or email me

instantflow, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  13. tikesh

tikesh Peon

Best Answers:
    visit rentacoder.com and register yourself to work for projects you can earn i also earned few dollors

tikesh, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  14. SandorVerebi

SandorVerebi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Bubble,

As I can see you've got many advices which are all useful if you have some base. Escaped my attention possibly, but as if I would not have seen that certain basis in your post. You may count on general advices only though in this manner.

Let me enlighten what I mean.

To start whatever business demands preparation. If I were in your shoes I'd start with a self-examination. So, please take a paper and a pen and write down:

- existing knowledge
    - your ability and capacity
    - your hobby and interest
    - your desired learning
    - your money base,
    - your connections, etc.

When this will be finished, you need to think deeply on which way can you use the aboved factors? In other words you need to decide on your direction, put your goals and make a plan.

Next step is to taking actions according to your plan. Be patient, the success comes rare during 1-2 days. So, besides patience you need to have some perseverance, too.

In a procession alley you need to stick yourself to your plan to avoid distractions. And if you see some result and if necessary, you can make some changes to reach the best result.

This is a general timetable what I tested and used in my experience.

Many successes,

Sandor

SandorVerebi, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  15. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    always go niche and spread your wings from that point. Maybe an MFA site and seo it a bit.

ronmac, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  16. rocker314

rocker314 Peon

Best Answers:
    i tried adsense before but haven't continued it because of my full time job.

rocker314, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  17. Cheap_Software&Scripts

Cheap_Software&Scripts Banned

Best Answers:
    adsense is very slow and time consuming work with very little returns

Cheap_Software&Scripts, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  18. honey_diu

honey_diu Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually the important think u must decide what your niche area. :). For that same time u must have sifoo to guide the way and follow ur mission . That my 2 cent opinion:D

honey_diu, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  19. Manishkhatri

Manishkhatri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honey_diu ,

could you please tell me how to find a good niche ? is there any website for this ?

Manishkhatri, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  20. macjacc

macjacc Guest

Best Answers:
    hi,
    thanks for visitng this forum
    here you will find all the intresting
    knowledge about you queries
    and i am really sorry i am unable
    to give the answer of your ques

macjacc, Aug 27, 2012 IP