1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start a seo company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by pankajdeoria, Jul 29, 2010.

Currently I am in Bangalore, India and want to start a SEO company. Currently I am working on my sites and want to start with a SEO company.

I need full details about starting a seo company..

Please help me about the details..

Thank You.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    pankajdeoria, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  2. mrwiippy

mrwiippy Member

Best Answers:
    Correct me if i am wrong, you are working on your sites yet you need to know how to start an seo company?

if you need full details on how to start then i have some news for you..... Dont even bother trying to start an seo company.

Just my 2 cents
    Steve

mrwiippy, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First you need to know and understand the algo, and be able to get results.

Part of that is knowing about SEO Hosting and how that plays into the A-B-C linking strategy, as well as the other SEO techniques out there. White, blue, and black.

Good luck ace.

Barefootsies, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  4. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go register a Pvt Ltd in India first I guess, then find your business partners, launch your site and start attracting customers. :)

Sapphiro, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  5. awesometbn

awesometbn Peon

Best Answers:
    Try signing up as an affiliate of existing SEO websites. After about a year of promoting your affiliate product/service and earning enough money, perhaps you will study and learn what is necessary to start your own SEO service. My advice is to partner first, before starting from scratch. Let us know what happens. Thank you.

awesometbn, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  6. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    build up a few sites for your portfolio then you can find clients and show them what you can do. After you get hired by a few you will spread and get more clients. The key is exposing your site but it is very competitive

zurpit.com, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  7. pankajdeoria

pankajdeoria Banned

Best Answers:
    What is the important concept I must know before starting SEO Company?

pankajdeoria, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  8. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You must know the SEO market inside out.
    2. Choose a good domain name for your company that will get noticed.
    3. Make sure you have some good content to include on your site and good design for your site.

WorksForWeb, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  9. csc1990

csc1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    Knowing your stuff is definitely step one.

Know how to attain powerful backlinks. Not just one method, make sure to know many. Learn to assess competition and find great keywords. Make sure you actually know SEO before you attempt to go big time.

But, in any case, if you do know your stuff... I guess the way you should go about doing it is to build your portfolio. Build a website that you can refer potential clients to. The website should list your pricing and all the things you will do for the client. Then I would say to start advertising.

Advertising for SEO can be hard though because lots of people don't realize how much SEO can benefit them. So advertising is not always enough. You need to search for clients and pitch your service to them. If you get shot down, move on to the next one. Once you get one or two under your belt then you are sure to build more business.

Just my two cents. ;)

csc1990, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  10. HowardJackson

HowardJackson Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that hard.

You'll need to get the legal part done (LLC)
    You'll need to determine who is your target market.
    You'll need to determine the needs of your target market.
    You'll need to create solutions solving exactly those needs.
    And you'll need to market those solutions to your target market.

I suggest you read the "E-Myth" (available on Amazon.com) to find out more about the basics of business and operations.

Take care,
    Howard J.

HowardJackson, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  11. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, there's another way.. If you have contacts with various SEO "freelancer", you can hire them as part of your company, then outsource to them whenever you need. ☺

Sapphiro, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. csc1990

csc1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    Following that idea, one could just establish a website that says that they are a firm of highly experienced individuals then go to Odesk and have everything done dirt cheap. But what's the fun in that? =P

csc1990, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. dummyinside

dummyinside Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to establish a successful SEO company you need to have cover all of the aspects from business point as well as from the business domain (SEO) you want to start with. Firstly you need to have a strong knowledge of SEO and its related terms like SMO/SMM, Online Marketing, etc. and many others, not only on the surface level but on the deep level as well. Secondly you need experienced SEO staff to handle your projects as people are the key. Go slowly initially with patience as SEO is easy is to work but hard to compete then race up gradually when you get aware of how to implement seo planning & strategies from both perspectives. Business knowledge, domain knowledge and expertise really matters.

dummyinside, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  14. ReTrack

ReTrack Peon

Best Answers:
    there ae soo many seo company in market i suggest to to start with that one which is near you like in your city so that you can see your work at any time

ReTrack, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  15. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do I start... lets start by saying that I work for a well established SEO company so I am going to say it straight up. If you do not know how to set up your own business from scratch, then how do you think you are going to help set up other peoples businesses for them online?

Consider that one before moving on.

To be succesful and take on multiple clients, you will need a staff, and you will need to be able to communicate properly with them. To be able to dominate powerful phrases in Google, you will probably also need multiple accounts with many paid and free services, plus you will need a well developed and tested back end system that will allow you to track where you are at, plus report back to your clients.

Look... I dont mean to burst your bubble, but in all honesty, if you didn't know that already, dont set yourself up for failure. Learn SEO, test it on your own sites, develop your own staff by working on your own sites, then and only then make the decision on whether or not you want to offer those kinds of services to other people. I'm serious with that, you dont want to be on the receiving end when a client is not happy having paid you to rank their sites.

redthehat, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  16. skylinkseo

skylinkseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    frist of all you make web site for seo and find client then seo company start

skylinkseo, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  17. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've always wondered how much does a "SEO Company" charge for their services anyway? How do you make money off that?

Ibn Juferi, Jul 30, 2010 IP