1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start and promote websites with user-submitted text content (like FmyLife.com)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 33sale, Dec 12, 2012.

Hi everybody. I know there are ton of sites with user-submitted stories and jokes (clientsfromhell.net, fmylife.com). I have an idea for a site like that (not humor related), I've assembled an engine for it (WP+plugins), it has a submit form, ratings, sharing buttons. But I'm a complete newbie as it comes to filling it with content and promotion. For initial content, I am going to post some related text content that I find on forums (until users start posting their own content, if they ever do). Is this a bad idea?

And how do I promote a site like that? Any clues?

Thanks a lot.

33sale, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  2. norman grey

norman grey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can start promoting it on social networking sites like FB and Twitter. it's important to first create awareness about your site. when people discover that it's a really good site, then it will slowly become popular.

norman grey, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  3. aveshtyagi

aveshtyagi Peon

Best Answers:
    Easily you submit text, link content Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn. Definitely you promote your websites.

aveshtyagi, Dec 12, 2012 IP