1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to start my domain sale business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by neteater, Dec 6, 2014.

hi, after so deep research i zeroed on domain sale business, i have registered a domain
    WORTHYDOMAIN.COM its a old expired domain right now is pointed no where, i am using my method to search for expired domain, so i want to know now what is second step, should i go to sedo or setup my own site for sale, and what are the activities involved in that.

neteater, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  2. xenoo

xenoo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you wanting to sell domain's that are already expired and sell them?

- Expensive: This is a very expensive course of business you will have to purchase domains in BULK and list them on your website and have a way to contact you.

Other wise if you are just wanting to sell domains you will have to :-"Edit: Looks like you are doing this way"

1. Build a website or get a reseller website from a provider.
    2. You can use WHMCS or you can use the reseller panel to resell domains.
    3. You can connect the API to WHMCS and sell domains via that way.

xenoo, Dec 6, 2014 IP
    neteater likes this.
  3. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep i got the que and pointed it toward sedo, now i will just wait and watch,

neteater, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  4. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    sedo is good one

jowel, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  5. Mehrdad[

Mehrdad[ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good luck, but it's gone take a looong time. When Sedo exist, it's a bit tough.
    But if are able, i would say get a domain reseller as well.

Mehrdad[, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  6. mygoldvest

mygoldvest Active Member

Best Answers:
    This really not easy.

mygoldvest, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  7. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    rickmci, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  8. Paul Sawhney

Paul Sawhney Peon

Best Answers:
    Besides Sedo, there are other options such as Flippa, GoDaddy Domains, Bodis, Afternic, Bido.... I would recommend listing on all platforms - you never know where the buyer would search through. Also if you own the domain, make sure your whois information is accurate - sometimes buyers search information through whois and reach out that way.

Paul Sawhney, Dec 29, 2014 IP
  9. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Over the years, I have flipped domains here and there. At one point I had 200+ in my inventory and liquidated them to work on other projects. Having said that I have some plans for them again in 2015.

I have found that it is best not to worry about the "home run" domain names, where you think you're going to run up the bidding and get $x,xxx or $xx,xxx for them. Most of my profits came from domains in the $50 to $100 range that I could get rid of within a week of purchasing them.

If I was still holding onto domains for a couple of months, I would put groups of them on eBay with a $0.99 starting bid just to get rid of them.

You do have to work on promoting your domains, whether it be in marketplaces, your own website, forums, eBay etc. I had zero luck with Sedo or Flippa (although I am going to give that one a try on some of my higher potential domain names). You definitely will also want to setup your own website, possibly with a mailing list, once you have some inventory for sale.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
    -c

Suckerpunch, Jan 2, 2015 IP