1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start your business the right way?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wwhuang, Dec 31, 2012.

Hi, I suppose there are lots of people in this forum who are just getting started in online business, and perhaps some of you may not even have any clue or a specific business idea yet. Well, while I'm not capable of creating a professional online course to teach people yet, I'd like to share my experience with on how I got started and reached $300 a day in online income.

First of all, in order to find out what to sell online, you need to focus in the "area of your interest". This is where your enthusiasm is. For example, if you like golf and it makes you super happy whenever you talk about golf, then sell something golf-related. Because you will be super enthusiastic when you promote your product/service to your online customers.

Second, once you define which area of interest you want to focus on, you need to decide if you want to sell a product or service.

I personally recommend that you sell digital products for the following reasons:

- You don't need an inventory so you can keep the cost low.
    - You don't need to physically ship the product, so you save on shipping and packaging costs.
    - Your anxious customers can receive their product right away as soon as payment is processed.
    - You can sell as many copies as you can without additional development cost.

Digital products include reports, e-books, videos, and software.

Now, let's use golf as an example, if you are an expert golfer, you can write a report or e-book teaching beginners on the basic swings, choosing the right clubs, etc. Or you can shoot some training videos yourself and sell them to your customers. You should now get my point.

In order to build an online image, you need a website. You can create a website with full of free information to attract people who are looking for the related information. Usually people online are searching for free information. With lots of free reports and articles, you have very good combination of keywords on your site so you get good ranking in Google. Most importantly, when your visitors like your free information and have given out their trust, you will believe in whatever you end of selling them.

On you site, you need a mechanism to collect list. You can have people sign up to your free newsletter (or ezine). Once they subscribe, you will have their names and email addresses. While you will be committed in publishing newsletters to your subscribers, you can always embed product selling in your newsletter. It may openly introduce your product or write a short sales pitch as a signature.

From here on, you will be in a loop of marketing, testing, fine-tuning....

Hope this article helps you get a better idea on how to jumpstart your profitable online business.

Cheers,
    Kevin

wwhuang, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  2. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business is one of the most popular term in which many people are interested.It is a great way for making a money and also many businesses can be done at online which is a booming trend of market.If you are going to start a business then many things that should be consider in your mind.

gregortarquin, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  3. nawza22

nawza22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi there.. im newbie here.. i think the first think to do is......
    make paypal acount!!! :p
    just joking.. :D

nawza22, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  4. Respite

Respite Peon

Best Answers:
    Should we follow this information lol? This user has been banned... I see mixed reviews about newsletters is there a good and bad way of sending them... I personally find that companies in Australia they send me about 2 - 3 per day causing my inbox to look like a junk box I think once a week is borderline but what do you guys think?

Respite, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  5. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Jumpstarting a new business enterprise can be very rewarding, but needs to be done properly even though you want it as quickly as possible. So the best steps you may do is not to think about money, to be passionate on your business, and have a clear vision of what your business should be. This too may require you to be prepared for sleepless nights and long days of work.

iandille101, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  6. ATBdesign

ATBdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to start any successful business, you have to do alot of mistakes, lose huge amount of many, then learn everything you can from your past.. and, start making money! (that is my personal experience, sorry)

ATBdesign, Jan 8, 2013 IP