1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to transition from banner-making to website creating?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by twizzlers, Aug 2, 2008.

So I've been designing banners, headers, logos, & the like, but I'm really wanting to get into the whole website designing business.

What steps are necessary for someone who only has Photoshop knowledge to learn how to design a website from scratch? Besides downloading Dreamweaver...(is Dreamweaver hard to learn?)

twizzlers, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  2. oldschoolanimation

oldschoolanimation Peon

Best Answers:
    hello if you can make quality designs in photoshop then all you have to do is design a website completely in photoshop if you can you don't have to, then you just webslice the whole site, then you save for web and in there you save 'images and html' this way your whole site is html and dreamweaver does all the work. This is a really simple process and you can do css and html in dreamweaver if you want to on top of your photoshop slices.
    If you are a bit confused like i was just watch this video and all will be explained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVfxe4pqvo8

Best of luck!

oldschoolanimation, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  3. twizzlers

twizzlers Peon

Best Answers:
    twizzlers, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice find, This was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for as I'm also trying to make the transition :p Thanks a bunch :D

Dionysus, Aug 2, 2008 IP