1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use breadcrumbs with different URL structure in WordPress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Pelana, Sep 10, 2011.

Hopefully I can explain this correctly as I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it...

I'm building a real estate Web site using WordPress as the CMS. The original plan was to have the listings URL be domain.com/whatever, no matter if its a City, a Park or any other category. So it'd be, domain.com/city-name (all the listings in that city) or domain.com/park-name (all the listings near that park). This is obviously for SEO purposes.

But, I want to have breadcrumbs as well, so in WordPress I have to set it up as domain.com/city-name/park-name so that the breadcrumbs show up properly, but I what I really want is JUST domain.com/park-name, even though the specific property is categorized under that city name and under that park.

Is there a way to achieve this? Have both properly formatted breadcrumbs, for example State > City > Park > Property Name while only showing the URL as domain.com/state or domain.com/city or domain.com/park for the listings? More examples:

State Real Estate would be domain.com/state and not domain.com/properties/state
    State > City Real Estate would be domain.com/city and not domain.com/properties/state/city
    State > City > Park Real Estate would be domain.com/park and not domain.com/properties/state/city/park

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pelana, Sep 10, 2011 IP