1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write a proper sales receipt for web development services provided to a client?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Arson, Oct 24, 2013.

I have just taken on my first client and we have agreed to some terms and I need to get it into writing in the form of a receipt for obvious reasons.

Now I know the basics of a receipt:
    1) It needs to define what is being sold/purchased
    2) It needs to define the price paid for said goods/services

What I am doing is creating a new website for my client and providing hosting for the website. Does anyone have any advice for how a web developer should go about creating receipts for his or her clients?

Arson, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  2. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The main tool I use for that task is simply Word. There are also a lot of templates you can access that you can easily modify for a sales receipt/invoice.

hav0c, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  3. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to your list, you also need to document the date, objectives, expected time frame for completion. You should also document progress made each week/month.

You don't mention website promotion. I recommend you give your client a clear understanding of this boundary or offer promotional services. Hope this helps.

Cyberchoices, Oct 30, 2013 IP