1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write the email?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by runeveryday, Mar 17, 2013.

A customer from England have brought some products from our company new website .
    The first time he placed the order and didn't do the payment. then i wrote an email to ask him "His the first customer placing an order of my site. Glad that he have lot of interests to some products on my site. I sincerely hope the transaction can be concluded." then he made the payment to my paypal.
    but now the pity thing is that there is only one product being out of work. i have wrote two emails to the customer to ask " would he mind choosing a new one to replace and hope he can give me a response,but he didn't do nothing. and give me a back email."
    i very very expect i can do this order success. i am from china,so english is not very good.i want to write an email again. how should i write? thank you.

runeveryday, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm having a problem following this.

So, the customer ordered some products and either:

• One of them is faulty, so you want him to select a replacement? Did it arrive faulty, or you realised it's faulty?
    • Or by "out of work", do you mean "out of stock" so you want the customer to select a comparable alternative?
    How long have you been waiting for a reply for? Keep in mind it's a weekend. Have they requested a refund?
    How to write one depends upon circumstances. Once you have explained a bit more, I'll try to help.
    I suggest when you have some good examples, keep them as templates. You can easily then replace things such as <goods>, <price>, <order value>, <customer name>, <order number> and so on.

ryan_uk, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Write it this way: "We regret that we are *temporarily* out of stock on the 2nd item. Please choose a suitable replacement from the other items we have, and we will be happy to provide it at the same or lower price. Thank you very much for your patience."

Spoiltdiva, Mar 17, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and indyonline like this.
  4. runeveryday

runeveryday Active Member

Best Answers:
    many thanks. i am sorry,i made a typo. it's out of work.we have been waiting 4 days.untill now,He haven't ask refunding. i have wrote 3 letters to him. but he doesn't give me a response back

runeveryday, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  5. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Four days and three emails. Well, you can't count Saturday and Sunday, as he might be busy having a life and not checking email (especially if it's business-related). So, wait to see if you get a reply on Monday. If not, compose a nice email (something like what Diva wrote). Start off with something like:

Something like that. A small discount for inconvenience, but to keep the customer, is good (hopefully they will repeat). That's up to you though.

Good luck.

ryan_uk, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  6. runeveryday

runeveryday Active Member

Best Answers:
    many thanks. i have written an email to him.but a day passed. i don't receive an email from him. i want to do a success of this order. now, i want to make a phone. how should i say. many many thanks. until now, he didn't ask for refund.(he buy a water bag. but water bag must be use on vest, the vest that him selected is out of work, i want to introduce a replace one for him ). how to make the phone. i don't know how to say, very nerves. thank you.

runeveryday, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yes, a phone call might be a good idea now as it's possible that the emails might have been picked up as spam.

"Hello, sir. My name is <name> and I am calling from <company>. I am calling regarding your order for <item>, in case my emails weren't received. Unfortunately, the item is out of stock, but we can offer <x, y or z> as an alternative. How would you like to proceed?"

ryan_uk, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  8. rishabhsachan

rishabhsachan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    whom you write the mail 1st see if u write to your friend than start from hi or dear
    if u write professional than type respected sir or madam....and type the content

rishabhsachan, Mar 19, 2013 IP