1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to you file taxes to become a self-employed affiliate?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xDemevenx, Feb 18, 2011.

Hey dp members!

Me and a friend want to begin careers as affiliates to help pay for our college expenses and start paying our student loans while in school. Problem? We've never held jobs, nor do we know how to pay taxes (we're US citizens).

So, can anyone explain to me how we can get started? We wanted to begin selling things for CBank and signing up for affiliate programs, but we like to keep things legal. If anyone can lay it out straight for me and can maybe give me some advice, I can always return the favor with some complimentary graphics =)

Thanks in advance, DP! :D

xDemevenx, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just keep track of how much you earn from where.
    i dont think affiliate sites would give you a 1099 unless you earn big money.
    if they give you a 1099 declare that on the return. for the rest sum up all of them and declare them as miscellaneous income. thats it.

webcosmo, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  3. xDemevenx

xDemevenx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks for the info =) i do have one question though, I heard something about declaring myself as a "self-proprietor" and making four tax payments per year. Is this true or do I file regular taxes like everyone else with a regular job?

thanks =)

xDemevenx, Feb 18, 2011 IP